To all the Silver Eagles

Bev Payne

To all the Silver Eagles

Post by Bev Payne »

We are sorry to say that we lost another Silver Eagle this past Sunday. It was LLoyd McQueen. We just had a phone call and they gave us the sad news.
Any of the guys and gals that fish Western Bass should remember LLoyd. Bev
kane-o

Re: To all the Silver Eagles

Post by kane-o »

very sad, our paryers and condolances to the family :(
JLS (Jay Liu's Service)

Post by JLS (Jay Liu's Service) »

Lloyd got me started bass fishing back in 1974. Then he would come by my shop and we would talk about fishing. I’m going to miss him.

Jay Liu
Jim Conlow Sr.

Post by Jim Conlow Sr. »

Hi Bev

I did not know the man who passed away, but it is always sad to hear when someone passes.
I have not been active for quite a while on this forum and am still feeling my way into it's many changes in format.
I think of you and Don every morning when I take the Jarrosyl supliment with my morning Ovaltine. I have tried several times to get your email address but have been unsuccessful.
This is the first I have heard of the "Silver Eagles" Is this a group of senior citizen Bass fishermen? If so if age is the only requirement then I think I qualify for membership. I will turn 80 in two and a half years.

It was nice to see your name amongst the many names unfamiliar to me who are now regular posters on this forum.

Jim
[i][b]Ride With a [size=200]Legend[/size][/b][/i]
www.legendmarine.com
www.mercurymarine.com
www.inland-marine.com
[img]http://www.westernbass.com/shared/sponsors/150x50/legend.jpg[/img]
JJCJR

Post by JJCJR »

Bev, I don't want to hijack this post, but can you update us your husband's condition.

Thanks a whole bunch.

jjcjr
Bev Payne

Post by Bev Payne »

Jim Good to hear from you. Thanks for thinking of Don and myself.
I retired from WON Bass, this month it will be 4 years, I believe. The Silver Eagles was something that the Late Harvey Naslund and Fred Ward put together. It was planned for all the fishermen or fisherwomen that had fished for the past 25 years. You would have qualified for it. It was a get together in Las Vegas July 17. Harvey passed away the day before the event was to happen. Something for all of us to enjoy and see old friends.
Lloyd had planned on being there.
Anyway, thanks for remembering the Paynes.