Whites Slough - Anglers BEWARE!!!

basstards23

Whites Slough - Anglers BEWARE!!!

Post by basstards23 »

Okay, today was a first.......

My partner and I had a rifle pulled on us today while fishing half way up Whites on the north bank!!!

Here is what we recall......

While we were fishing another bass boat comes around the corner (nothing out of the norm), the boat comes off plane and we hear a shot (no biggie, Dove hunters, right). Well the boat stops both guys look at the motor like it was bogging down from weeds, appears to be no problems and away they go.

We continue on down the bank and come around the bend. All of a sudden a red and black car comes haulin' a$$ down the levee towards us and stops right in front of us. Out jumps the driver all decked out in a red shirt and red bandanna and starts yelling some Spanglish at us that we do not understand. I tell him that we can not understand what he is saying and ask him to repeat himself (all the while he has what looks to be a camo .22 in hand at his side). He keeps yelling at us and we still do not understand him. My partner asks the passenger in the car what this guy is talking about. The passenger removes his bandanna from his face and explains to us that the boat that had went by moments ago pulled the drivers rod into the water.

We explain to them that we have been fishing down the bank and it was not us who had gone by them. The driver with the riffle starts asking us where the launch ramp is and my partner explains to him that it is all the way over by I-5. They ask us where the other boat went and we say we don't know they kept on going. At this point (and nervous as hell) we say sorry about what happened to your rod and that sucks to lose it. The driver jumps in the car and speeds off, right behind them come two other cars (a white one and a blue one).

All I can say is WTF is this world coming to!!!!

Everyone out there, please be careful as this could have wound up a lot worse and I am sure as hell glad that I can write this post!!!
Revoke36

Re: Whites Slough - Anglers BEWARE!!!

Post by Revoke36 »

Maybe he had a fish on and lost his pole to a toad.... Thanks for the heads up. Im fishin White's tomorrow. If those guys point a .22 at me, they're not gonna like what Im gonna be pointing back :x
Support 81
jimmy87

Post by jimmy87 »

those people should know that casting a 5 oz sinker across the slough that has boat traffic is not great of an idea.
glad no body got hurt
just shut up and fish
supermat

Post by supermat »

That area is no joke. I caught a line across my windshield this spring and pulled someone's rod into the water. Thank God I had that windshield... it was braided line. I was shocked as I was driving up against the island, not the bank. Thankfully the people in my case weren't armed! :? :shock:
http://www.bassinguide.com
http://www.tacticalbassin.com
jimmy87

Post by jimmy87 »

yeah thats good thing you did. I took off the windsheild on my boat. I have thought about a line catching me but figured the seat pedistal up front wout get the line before a windsheild or my neck.

are you running without a seat up front?

beware of lines across and or hanging under bridges as well.

Glad your ok. that could have been real ugly
just shut up and fish
fishaddict22

Post by fishaddict22 »

I've had a major problem the last couple weeks fishing white's. The guys fishin the levees have been trying to cast right at the boats, even though I've been curteous and staying toward the outter tulles. Its obvious they get pissed whenever a boat (of any kind) goes by but still no reason they should be doing this. I've called the Sherrif's dept and reported a couple guys doing it, and havent seen the SUV since. I'm not being a rat, but c'mon, it's really puting us boaters in danger. So yeah, Ive seen it too on more than one occasion so please be carefull all.
Jeff C.

Post by Jeff C. »

Basstards, I hope you called the Sheriff. There could have been some real trouble if the guys with the rifle managed to come across someone who looked like the other boat.
basstards23

Post by basstards23 »

We did not call the sheriffs, however we did find the boat and warned the guys in it. Not sure if they understood the seriousness of the event as they kind of shrugged off our information and went on their way.

It was definitely an eye opener!!!
yjjustforme

Post by yjjustforme »

I am always paranoid when fishing around the Stockton area. Some guy tried to rob me when I was fishing off the bank one time before I got my boat. I was out by whiskey slough throwing topwater for stripers and luckily I had my filet knife on my hip and I pulled it out when he kept advancing towards me. Now if im fishing off the bank I always have my s&w m&p 40 cal with me. But I've never felt the need to have it with me on the boat. What is this world coming to :evil:
massbaster

Post by massbaster »

I have ran over peoples line before , i just kept going . If they would actually get off there *** and walk down to the water they wouldent have this problem, they sit on top of the levee and cast from there!
Phil Burgess

Post by Phil Burgess »

LITTLE RED CAR = POLES FLYING OFF THE BANK FROM NOW ON.......... BT.... HE WILL LEARN OR IT WILL GET EXPENSIVE FOR HIM.........
ILL RIDE TO HELL AND BACK WITH YOU BOYS!!!!!!!!!!
barse41

Post by barse41 »

I wonder if someone has left a gate open? I used to rarely see bank fisherman there. Now theyre there everytime Im there. I hope next spring they wont see the fish spawning by their feet
theres a fine line between fishin and standin on a boat like an idiot
brambo0311

Post by brambo0311 »

This could have gone really bad. I build AR rifles and I have this on my pre ban colt so I can run my 100rnd drums.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U6tORrO ... ata_player

When you careless enough, to send the very best, put a 100 rnds in the air in under 8 seconds. Lol
LL
Tarpon120

Post by Tarpon120 »

Not surprised to read this as I've seen the hood rats on the levee shooting out of moving vehicles before. I'm always on alert on that side of the delta.
Bill Hutcheson

Post by Bill Hutcheson »

Brambo -

Too Cool! I think I just got a new item to put on Santa's list for Christmas. My M4-AR15 seems to be missing this upgrade - but not for long.
Make it idiot proof and someone will invent a better idiot
Guy Kelley

Post by Guy Kelley »

I don't get it ???? :shock:

With the type of mentality you guys are showing " I cut through there line and just kept on going" " I'm packing my AR-15" etc, etc. :evil:

It's no wonder that the guys on the bank are pissed off at you in the boat. :twisted:

Keep looking for trouble and It Will Find You !!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :roll: :shock:

With as much river there is out there you just can't avoid the line or bank fisherman ?

I have been fishing the Delta for years and never have cut some guy's line or caused any problem for the bank guy's or they caused a problem for me ! When I see em, I just slow down a tad and look for the line and there fishing poles. then go under em or around ! What the hell is the big deal about that !!! Or do you just like to cause river rage and are waiting for the stuff to hit the fan so you can use your toy's to justify your lack of consideration for the other guy ???????????
Yeah ? It's Me Again, SO WHAT!!!!!
SacRtrain

Post by SacRtrain »

I find it pretty hard to believe there are no cops of wardens reading this thread. Now that you officers know about the problem, how about you do something about it. Im sure these upstanding citizens are doing something wrong (with all the fu@%!#g laws we have) and they can get brought up on a charge; e.g. Under the influence, poaching, no licence, possesion of weed, SOMETHING. This needs to stop because it's already out of control. A fellow fisherman getting a gun pulled on them is rediculous and I feel this is why police exist, to protect and serve. I can tell you one thing, Im a fireman and I dont give a s#!t if Im in Mexico, if I come across a fire, I'm going to work.
FATGUY

Post by FATGUY »

WOW i agree with Guy... Whats the big deal if you see guys on the bank show them the courtesy they should show you..some of you sound like " look at me sideways and i'll pull my gun"" ?????????
biteme

Post by biteme »

brambo0311 wrote:This could have gone really bad. I build AR rifles and I have this on my pre ban colt so I can run my 100rnd drums.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U6tORrO ... ata_player

When you careless enough, to send the very best, put a 100 rnds in the air in under 8 seconds. Lol
The ATF sent out a letter saying that this device is not legal in California. Watch your arse!
mrobinett

Post by mrobinett »

Guy Kelley +2
warpig

Post by warpig »

you gust dont now whats around the corner anymore. the pigs toating a 45 at all time
fish_food

Post by fish_food »

brambo0311 wrote:...so I can run my 100rnd drums.
Beta C-Mag? I have one from years ago. I love the dual-drum design but mostly it's just a neat and somewhat fragile curiosity/toy. It's also easier, more convenient to just have 3-4 standard mags versus a single Beta. :D
brambo0311

Post by brambo0311 »

Don't take it the wrong way. I stay way clear of bank fisherman and give them room. In the post, they did nothing to these guys and they were confronted by someone with a rifle. I'm not out there looking for trouble, but I'm not going to roll over and die either.

As far as the bump fire stock, I thought it was legal on a pre ban rifle. Guess I better check. I have another I built with a standard UBR stock and used a national match trigger that fires the same way with a little practice. But that's the CA legal one that I am only allowed 10rnd magazines.
LL
Guy Kelley

Post by Guy Kelley »

[quote="brambo0311"]Don't take it the wrong way. I stay way clear of bank fisherman and give them room. In the post, they did nothing to these guys and they were confronted by someone with a rifle. I'm not out there looking for trouble, but I'm not going to roll over and die either.

As far as the bump fire stock, I thought it was legal on a pre ban rifle. Guess I better check. I have another I built with a standard UBR stock and used a national match trigger that fires the same way with a little practice. But that's the CA legal one that I am only allowed 10rnd magazines.[/quote]

Never thought you were in the category brambo0311 of guys who just to seem that it all about them in the boat and let the bank guy suffer.!

What you described was a dangerous situation and handled it well ! Considering that they were armed with blood in there eye's ! ready for war !

What my worry is that there will be a time when some guy or gal is in a boat armed and cocked for action. Gets a bank guy pissed and the bullets start flying from both sides. Sort of what is happening in Oakland or Richmond. Bangers like fishing too ! How long before the crap starts to carry over to the rivers edge from the streets ?
Yeah ? It's Me Again, SO WHAT!!!!!
brambo0311

Post by brambo0311 »

I'm just saying a gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone when your bleeding. I would not pull a weapon on anyone over an argument. It's only as a last resort. However being a Marine I always maintain the tactical advantage. I do beileve 99% of all situations can be settled or avoided and that's the best weapon you can deploy. But in that 1% that does happen, you better believe I would have turned them into pink mist.
LL
Melones_IS_Mine

Post by Melones_IS_Mine »

Yep those are my stomping grounds. From the bank and the boat. Definitely a dangerous area.

First I'll say I'm truly sorry this occurred, you guys got lucky nothing happened.

I have recently been working near the Ducks Unlimited property off Correia and 12. I have the option to stop by Guard Rd. and fish it before and after my shift, which I haven't done for a month or so. I think I will start again. If I see what resembles what was described, I'll write down a plate # and give the Sheriffs and DFG a call.
godzilla

Post by godzilla »

+2 with guy kelley i bank fish sometimes too for stripers when im tire of hauling the boat out. i see alot of boaters are d..ks they purposely come close to the bank to mess with the bank fishermans. whats the big deal of running your boat away from the bank :roll: have respect for bank fishermans.

Guy Kelley wrote:I don't get it ???? :shock:

With the type of mentality you guys are showing " I cut through there line and just kept on going" " I'm packing my AR-15" etc, etc. :evil:

It's no wonder that the guys on the bank are pissed off at you in the boat. :twisted:

Keep looking for trouble and It Will Find You !!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :roll: :shock:

With as much river there is out there you just can't avoid the line or bank fisherman ?

I have been fishing the Delta for years and never have cut some guy's line or caused any problem for the bank guy's or they caused a problem for me ! When I see em, I just slow down a tad and look for the line and there fishing poles. then go under em or around ! What the hell is the big deal about that !!! Or do you just like to cause river rage and are waiting for the stuff to hit the fan so you can use your toy's to justify your lack of consideration for the other guy ???????????
***GODZILLA AFTER MILFS!!...(MOMMAS I LIKE TO FISH)....***
Revoke36

Post by Revoke36 »

brambo0311 wrote:I'm just saying a gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone when your bleeding. I would not pull a weapon on anyone over an argument. It's only as a last resort. However being a Marine I always maintain the tactical advantage. I do beileve 99% of all situations can be settled or avoided and that's the best weapon you can deploy. But in that 1% that does happen, you better believe I would have turned them into pink mist.

+1
Well said and thank you very much for your service to our country
Support 81
big_limits

Post by big_limits »

The guys on the bank are lucky... to pull a weapon on the wrong boat would simply result in qualifacation :wink:
Rod Brown

Post by Rod Brown »

In a Redman about 1990 while heading back to Ladd's, we stopped for the last ten minutes to crank the rip rap right before Windmill Cove. We saw the guy on shore and his line in the water. We trolling motor around the line and he says, "you have the whole Delta and you have to fish right here. I'm getting my gun." He heads up the bank and pulls out a shotgun. We said ok we're leaving and took off quick waiting to hear a shot, but luckily never did.

You never know who you're dealing with out there, so be careful!