GIVE RECOGNITION WHERE IT'S DUE, DAIWA

Bob Myskey

GIVE RECOGNITION WHERE IT'S DUE, DAIWA

Post by Bob Myskey »

I know most of you have your own preferences on Rod's that you like to use. I myself have a mixed bag of rod's which include, Phenix, Quantum, Loomis, Daiwa, Lamiglas, & Bass pro. I live on the shore line of Clear Lake and guide and fish on it full time. I average 200 days on this lake guiding and fishing some tournaments, (somebody's got to do it) ha. In the past seven years either myself or my customers have broken some of my Daiwa rod's at least four different times. Each time I have sent that rod back to Daiwa with a nice letter explaining that I like their rod's (I have five of them), I tell them that the rod broke, probably due to neglect on my part, I explain that I want the rod back even if they have to charge me for it, EVERYTIME, they send me a new rod back at no charge. Now to me in this day and age, that's going above and beyond on customer service. These rod's are the ""light n tough series"' This is just and fyi for those of you who may be considering buying some new rod's. Bob Myskey, www.fishclearlake.com
troutnut

customer service

Post by troutnut »

many "non-fishing" companies should take notice of the brand loyalty fishing companies create by taking care of their customers warranty and out-of-warranty repairs.

I currently have over 20 Sage flyrods and have purchased over 40 in my lifetime (that retail between $350 and $755) because of a warranty replacement they did 25 years ago and the speed at which they handled it. Taking care of your customers creates loyal customers and little advertising machines for your product.

Kudos to Diawa.

Now could they show Chevy and Ford how to take care of their customers?
BassTraveler

Just Read my BASS Times...

Post by BassTraveler »

Heading was "Diawa files for Chapter 11...Bankruptcy."
Due to the tremendous returns in the Rod department.
A Diawa spokesman...said it was due to a part of the country, which has broke a lot of rods. The spokesman said it was one person in particular. When asked for the name...the spokesman declined, only saying he was a guide on Clearlake in California.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
RogerB

More kudos to Daiwa...

Post by RogerB »

from another very satisfied customer. I just had Daiwa service eight casting reels for me, including replacing some worn bearings (since these were PS2-5B's I've been using for up to twelve years, and some of which were bought off eBay over five years ago). Daiwa service department gave me a timely estimate (within a couple of weeks), detailed for each reel, and after I sent them my check, they returned the reels in just a little over a week. All the reels perform like they were brand new.
I'm pleased not only with the prompt service, but also because they still took care of reels that were discontinued long ago.
Please practice CPR (catch, photo, and release)
...RogerB
Bob @ LSBT

Similar Experience with Shakespeare Parts

Post by Bob @ LSBT »

Hi Bob - Thanks for the good input on Daiwa. I recently did some reel repairs on a couple of Shakespeare reels. One call to Shakespeare's parts division, each time, and the parts were sent quickly. They took less than a week to get the parts to me via USPS. And, both times, they've sent the parts to me at no charge. Now, I've got an account with their parts folks, but I'm not the end user of their product. Still, they took care of the needs quickly and as if they were warranty items. Must be something that is unique to the fishing industry...
-Bob Rider
Lakeshore Bait & Tackle
14913-D Lakeshore Drive
Clearlake, CA 95422
707-994-FISH
Bob @ LSBT

Similar Experience with Shakespeare Parts

Post by Bob @ LSBT »

Hi Bob - Thanks for the good input on Daiwa. I recently did some reel repairs on a couple of Shakespeare reels. One call to Shakespeare's parts division, each time, and the parts were sent quickly. They took less than a week to get the parts to me via USPS. And, both times, they've sent the parts to me at no charge. Now, I've got an account with their parts folks, but I'm not the end user of their product. Still, they took care of the needs quickly and as if they were warranty items. Must be something that is unique to the fishing industry...
-Bob Rider
Lakeshore Bait & Tackle
14913-D Lakeshore Drive
Clearlake, CA 95422
707-994-FISH