No weigh slips

Old dog

No weigh slips

Post by Old dog »

We fished AC West on Saturday for the first time. They are not using weigh slips. If there is a mistake there is no way to correct it. Having weigh slips is tournament directing 101. We had a mistake by a pound. Granted we finished way down in the standings and it didn't make a difference in this event but we all know how a few points can make a huge difference at the end of the year. The TD announced the weight twice and it still showed up in the results wrong. I contacted the TD and heard nothing back, obviously because nothing can be done about it now.
DAVE MOEN
semipro

Re: No weigh slips

Post by semipro »

Dave -

Keep trying to contact the TD. He has the power to alter the results at anytime! All YTD and Travelers standings are updated when changes are made!
Steve Marino
(209) 918-1639

http://www.ownerhooks.com
http://www.yakimabait.com
http://www.vicious-fishing.com/
Mike

Post by Mike »

And no plaques :(
OG on WB since 1993
TRUFISH

Post by TRUFISH »

Call Hutch with your complaints. I agree, weight slips should b used and no plaques???????
Old dog

Post by Old dog »

By the way my could care less if she sees another fishing trophy of any kind.
DAVE MOEN
Old dog

Post by Old dog »

By the way my WIFE could care less if she sees another fishing trophy of any kind. The above is why you should preview all your posts.
DAVE MOEN
LawDog

Post by LawDog »

First off, Hutch gives us tournament directors some freedom to run the trails the way we want to. The choice not to use weigh slips was MY decision and not a decision made by all of Anglers Choice. I decided not to use weigh slips for two reasons. At the end of the first two tournaments I found that I had a large number of slips that were never picked up. Secondly I wanted to try and speed up the weigh process as much as possible. I hate to fish tournaments with long drawn out weigh-ins and awards. I will be using weigh slips in all my tournaments from this day on. As I said when I started this job, I'm not afraid to make changes or admit when something does not work.

Mike, As for the plaques. I switched trophy companies and messed up the order. The corrected plaques are on their way as we speak and I will mail them to the top three and big fish. I was in such a rush to get the awards done and people on the road I forgot to announce it at the weigh in.

I hope people enjoy fishing my tournaments. I don't have the recognizable name, the smooth emcee skills or a tournament shirt full of sponsors but that will never stop me from busting my butt to put on the best tournaments in the country.

Scott Povio
USAC West Delta Pro-team Director
USAC WRL Delta-Wine Director
Mike

Post by Mike »

Sounds good. Thanks Scott
OG on WB since 1993
Old dog

Post by Old dog »

Hey Scott thanks for the update. I appreciate your candid response and willingness to change. I think this issue is the reason most TDs insist anglers take their slip immediately after their fish are weighed, that way they can't complain later that there was an error. I know being a tournament director is a thankless job and if it wasn't for you guys being willing to take all the crap that goes with it we would all be just fishing for fun. Thanks for all your hard work and willingness to put up with all the BS and keep up the good work.
DAVE MOEN
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

LawDog wrote: I hope people enjoy fishing my tournaments. I don't have the recognizable name, the smooth emcee skills or a tournament shirt full of sponsors but that will never stop me from busting my butt to put on the best tournaments in the country.
Great attitude! +100000
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
Robchik

Post by Robchik »

Scott ran a good derby! Just like Mr. Smith before him, def worth the extra drive for me to fish the AC West! Great draw too!!! 36 boats and 3700$ to 1st... felt great to be fishing for some decent money... and great to see my Delta buddies!
http://www.robchik.com
gixxer464

Post by gixxer464 »

It is refreshing to see a tournament director address his anglers questions and concerns immediatly. I think its awesome that a tournament director can come on this public fourm and take responsibility for his actions. Much respect.
Schneider Fishing

Post by Schneider Fishing »

Gotta love a guy who knows when he's made a mistake and admits it and corrects it. I don't fish many tournament these days but if I was going to I'd try this guys tournaments out.

Hat's off.
Robert Schneider
My wife is my real sponsor

www.PhenixBaits.com