Pat Donoho loses Cancer fight

Vern

Pat Donoho loses Cancer fight

Post by Vern »

It is with great sadness that I have to make this post. Pat Donoho lost his valiant fight with cancer last night. Pat was a pioneer in the fishing industry out west. Moer than that Pat was a true gentleman on and off the water. Vern
bassinbillmc

Re: Pat Donoho loses Cancer fight

Post by bassinbillmc »

Had the pleasure of meeting Pat at a few different tournaments over the years, but never got to fish with him. Seemed like a true gentleman and ambassador for our sport. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Bill McGuigan
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

I lost a dear friend in Pat Donoho. I will miss him forever. Pat was a very special person. Pat came to Clear Lake and fished 4 days with me last September. I will remember those days forever. We shared a boat many times over the last 20 years and I'm deeply saddened that we didn't do it more.

Ron Crews, Don Lee, and now Pat Donoho, three very close friends of mine in such a short time. Memories last forever and I have a lot of them.
kb

Post by kb »

Growing up in this sport like I did Pat Donoho was always one of the guys I looked up to. It wasn't until many years later that I was lucky enough to call Pat a friend......he was a pioneer in western fishing, was a true champion many times including a U.S. Open on his Lake Mead! but more than that he was one of the nicest guys you would ever meet.

For you guys that never had the pleasure of meeting him, spending time with him or sitting down to a dinner with him you have no idea what you missed out on........

I hope my friend Bobby Ellis and Pat's wife Lupe and family are doing ok.......Gary D I know how special Pat was to you and I am sorry buddy......not liking the loss our sport has suffered the past few months.

Damn another hole in the sport that won't be filled with this loss!!!! :(

Hope you are catching them Donoho!
California Outdoor Hall of Fame
Ultimate Bass Radio Saturday's on KHTK Sac Town Sports 1140
Bev Payne

Post by Bev Payne »

:cry: :cry: We too are very sad at the passing of Pat. Seems we are losing more and more of out precious friecds. Our time will come because we are on the list. We just don't lmo where. Don and Bev
meadbass

Post by meadbass »

I have had the privilege of knowing Pat Donoho these past few years. I admired and looked up to him as we all did. He will always be to me and many others the quintessential Bass Angler. He loved his local lake, Lake Mead, and he spent many a day on it with his friend Bobby Ellis. He will be greatly missed. I send my sincere respect and condolences to his family in Las Vegas. I would like to dedicate the third verse of an Irish poem that I learned as a child fishing with my father off the shores of Ireland. Rest in Peace my friend.
John O’Brien

The Lake Isle of Innisfree
By W. B. Yeats

I will arise and go now, for always night and day
I hear lake water lapping with low sounds by the shore;
While I stand on the roadway, or on the pavements grey,
I hear it in the deep heart's core.
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

Wow, yet anther great fishing friend lost. I'll never forget our talks about Mead and The Delta, RIP my friend, you will be greatly missed.
Hardshell

Post by Hardshell »

Catch 'em good where you are Pat.

Rest in Peace my friend.

Steve Greene
B Becker

Post by B Becker »

It is pretty weird that I went in to Pro Tackle on Friday (April 6th) to just say "hey" to Mike and look around, but I was really there to see how Pat was doing. He was ALWAYS there sitting on the stool talking to whoever walked in. It is not going to be the same. I am a lucky man to have known him, some of you are extremely lucky to have known him better and/or fished with him. They don't get any better than Pat!! God Bless!!
Brent Becker

Sponsors:
www.brentbeckerfishing.com
www.skeeterboats.com
www.basspro.com
www.bassaholics.com
www.maxima-lines.com
Old dog

Post by Old dog »

I was lucky to fish with Pat 20+ years ago at Mead in exchange for a trip to CL. Believe me when I say he taught me way more about Mead than I helped him at CL. He was absolutely one of the nicest gentlemen I have ever met, in or out of the sport. I was lucky to know you Pat and my prayers are with your wife and Bobby.
DAVE MOEN