RIP Jimmy Stitch

Cooch

RIP Jimmy Stitch

Post by Cooch »

Stitch2.JPG
Stitch2.JPG (7.13 KiB) Viewed 3503 times
For those who have not heard, Long time Delta Angler and Bethel Island resident Jimmy Stitch passed away this last week. Quite shocking news to many of us here in these parts as it wasn't too long ago, Jimmy lost his wife, seemed to be coming out of his shell and was fishing again. Our thoughts and prayers are with the Stitch Family.

For all who knew and loved James Stich, please mark your calendars so that you can join us on Saturday, October 13th for a BBQ in his honor. We are celebrating his life at the "Rusty Porthole" Restaurant on Bethel Island from 12:00 to 4:00 so be sure to come and share a story or two and a side dish if you're able.
jeff bradshaw

Re: RIP Jimmy Stitch

Post by jeff bradshaw »

I was just talking with him a few months ago... I am Shocked. A lot of good times fishing tournaments against him over the years. Mike and I always enjoyed talking with him at each WON event. Sad
Mike

Post by Mike »

WOW that terrible news!! Jim was a great guy and a good friend. RIP Buddy. Much too young
OG on WB since 1993
Ceaser

Post by Ceaser »

!?!?! :shock: :shock: wow man, RIP
is that glitter!? Nice boat tinkerbell!
Rich hamilton

Post by Rich hamilton »

Cooch,

Thanks for doing the event. We seem to be losing a lot of folks way to early. The only good thing is that God has a plan and will take care of him and his family. Peace brother!
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix
Hardshell

Post by Hardshell »

RIP Jim.

Hardshell
BS'r

Post by BS'r »

RIP Jimmy,

Everytime we drive by lil mandy, we'll be thinking of you.....
bazs

Post by bazs »

Sad news, he was a great guy and one hell of a fisherman. Jim took the time years ago to help me refine my offshore tactics out in the Tract. He didn't have to, if anything he shouldn't have since he fished against me in many a derby. Many days once back on the dock he would offer his take on what was goin on when he saw I was fishing similar stuff. He saw I was trying to learn and took the time to teach me some very valuable lessons.
A lot of your secrets rest with you Jim, and I will think of you every time I catch one on the rock garden!!
Tight lines,
Zack
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hey Cooch, not sure who is setting up this BBQ but a bunch of us Delta Rats would like to attend but we have the Anglers Choice TOC that day. It would be great if they could push back the time so we could come celebrate Jim's life after we weigh in.
OG on WB since 1993
JimmyReese

Post by JimmyReese »

Wow! This is sad news!
What a genuine person, He will truely be missed! Jimmy and Dan were the reason for much of my success on the Delta! I remember the day we were fishing lil mandy and he raced over to where I was and did a donut next to the boat and screaming" Get out" "They are damming up the entrance!" we were the only two fishing in there. He finished second to us by ounces. later he said "I couldnt just leave you in there Reese" He will be known for if there is a way to put a scratch on the side or the bottom of his boat He would be there! And Yes he would catch em!
Thanks for all the great memories!

Miss you Buddy!
Jimmy Reese
F!$# 0N!

JIMMY REESE
flippenfool

Post by flippenfool »

Very sad news, a genuinely nice guy and a great fisherman who really knew the river. He was always willing to help by Sharing his knowledge and has helped many of us, Rest in peace Jim.
Mike Moreno
http://www.revengebaits.com/
http://www.teamccmarine.com/
http://shop.peregrine250.com/
http://www.stcroixrods.com/
http://www.jigssnakebitebaits.com
http://MonsterFishingTackle.com
BassnReed

Post by BassnReed »

Yea I 2nd Mike's reply with changing up the time on the 13th. With the AC TOC going on, there are going to be folks who wont have the option to show up because as we all know they weigh in a 3, get off the water and put everything away and head straight to the Porthole and its over-with.
KReed
Dom

Post by Dom »

Sorry for yalls loss, jimmy sounds like he was a class act wish i had the chance to meet him. We are loosing to many seems like every year we loose more If and when my year comes I just hope I am remembered as so many we have lost have been.

Prayers go out
Dom
Tight Lines Dom
MADBASS11

Post by MADBASS11 »

Thanks for taking me under your wing and teaching me so much about the delta. Im going to miss jumping over the rocks in your skeeter just to catch a fish. I will keep the memories close. I miss you buddy.
Matt Dolph
Dewayne

Post by Dewayne »

So sad. Even after Jim quit fishing, once a year I would get a call from Jim just to say hello and talk for a while. The first couple times I saw him cell number come up I assumed he needed something, but all he ever wanted was to catch up on what we both had been doing over the last year. My thoughts are with his family.
Dewayne