cleaning boat seats???

bassz21

cleaning boat seats???

Post by bassz21 »

i was wondering what is best to use on boat seats to clean and protect them I know about 303 but heard it does bad stuff if it means anything i have a ranger thanks guys
dwise

Re: cleaning boat seats???

Post by dwise »

I use a product made by Boat Bling (Hot Sauce) called, Vinyl Sauce. You can run a google on it and buy it online or find a dealer who carries it. I bought it from the manufacturer but you can probably get a better deal online.
D. Wise
Castaic Bass Club
Champion Jon

Post by Champion Jon »

I use Mr. Clean scrubbing bubbles to clean them and lemon pledge afterwards to wipe onto them. Works very good and is fairly cheap compared to products made specifically for boats. Don't use products like armor all or your seats will crack.
ScottyJ

Post by ScottyJ »

For deep cleaning use simple green and a scrub brush. Then for regular wipe downs there are lots of products but use something with UV protection. I use turtle wax its in a bright green bottle but cant remember the exact name.
"Jig fish are big fish"
TAP25

Post by TAP25 »

Pro 303. I have used this product for 10+ years in my Spa business cleaning spa covers never have had it do any damage. Matter of fact it prolongs the life of a spa cover outside in the sun from drying out and cracking. I use it on my seats and never have had a problem.
ACRon

Post by ACRon »

I respectfully disagree on the simple green and scrub brush. I had problems on some older seats. If you do go that route make sure the simple green is diluted a lot and the brush is a soft bristle.

I use a mild solution of Dawn dish soap and a terry rag. The dawn will even get out oil. Then I treat with Meguires Leather Vinyl treatment to keep moisture in the seats. Regular maintenance is Protect 303. Make sure to get it into thread seams. It will protect from deterioration of the thread.

For sun/heat damaged dry seats I found a trick on another forum. Take a little baby oil and work it in with a rag. It took a couple of applications over a week, and after the first one application I laid the folded rag with oil in it on the damaged seat back over night. Brought the upholstery back quite a ways and made it more plyable.