Heads up!!!!!!!!!!!!! Submerged vehicle!!!!!!

yjjustforme

Heads up!!!!!!!!!!!!! Submerged vehicle!!!!!!

Post by yjjustforme »

This is just a heads up to anyone fishing pixley slough, there is a submerged van or SUV along the north wall about 12 feet from shore in between the island and rock wall. I was out today and as I idled into the slough and got up to put out the trolling motor I saw it just in time to avoid it. As I went down the bank (about a couple hundred yards) i looked back and saw some guys in a another bass boat that had came into the slough and had decided to turn around and leave( i tried to warn them but they were to far and didn't hear me) and right as they got on plane and got going they nailed that van going pretty fast and I saw the boat jump in the air and come back down. After seeing this I immediately headed over to see if they were okay and they were fine but pretty shook up. So heads up If your out that way guys!!!!!!!
W.C

Re: Heads up!!!!!!!!!!!!! Submerged vehicle!!!!!!

Post by W.C »

did you check to see if someone were still in the Van or reported to authorities ?
yjjustforme

Post by yjjustforme »

I checked out the van and there was nobody that I could see and when I came back in I reported it to paradise marina since its right around the corner and they said they would take care of it . I think it was probably a stolen vehicle and it was most likely dumped there.
kitjack

Post by kitjack »

Any car, boat or plane that has just recently shown up at the bottom of a lake is not there for good reason. I would think yo should treat it very seriously emergency situation as there is a good chance that someone was injured, killed or a serious crime was committed.
VangBass1

Post by VangBass1 »

If it's the same place and van/suv i'm thinking about. Last year, I had my jig stuck on something. As I pulled closer, it was the van/SUV you're probably talking about. My jig was stuck on the windshield wiper. The van/SUV was submerged In about 5 FOW. The vehicle seems to be an older make/model. As you keep going east of the slough, you seem to find more car body parts but they all seem old. I would say those parts make/model are from the late 70 to 80's. I should have reported the finding last year but forgot after a day of fishing. The vehicle hasn't crossed my mind until you posted this.
GW

Post by GW »

damn you guys are giving out all my secret delta structure! If you find it, fish it, mark it on your GPS and you don't know nothin, ain't seen a thing.
yjjustforme

Post by yjjustforme »

I brought it up cause I saw a guy almost rip his whole lower end off. Just trying to save someone a big headache and a lot of $ in damage. And I've fished this slough for a while and have found auto parts way in the back but I've never seen this vehicle before this far up in the beginning of the slough before.
Robb R

Post by Robb R »

GW , all I can say is WOW !
did you make that comment being serious, or trying to be funny ?
either way , sad---- somebody can get killed hitting those things
Robb
Garrettt

Post by Garrettt »

ONly at the delta! haha I've got to get up there sometime!
Laserdoc

Post by Laserdoc »

just curious which arm of pixley is the submerged van is in.

when heading towards pixley from paradise the left arm of the slough or the next one that has the small dock