AC Delta Pro-Am Canceled!

bircher

AC Delta Pro-Am Canceled!

Post by bircher »

After prefishing last week and over the weekend for the 4/27-4/28 Delta ProAm, I called Anglers Choice to register and was told it was canceled. Very frustrating to make plans that impact the family and co-workers, invest time, lauch fees and GAS, only to find the event has been canceled due to low demand.

When BBT draws 83 boats and AC East draws 6 boats on the Delta over the weekend, it's difficult to believe that the organizations can't see that they are cannibilizing the "Pro" market in the West with the Semi Pro. They need to get rid of the "Semi-Pro" and "Pro-Jargon" and just call them team tournaments or we will ALL lose. 83 boats proves that there is still plenty of interest in tournament fishing out West.

Mike Birch
Armando Luzuriaga

Re: AC Delta Pro-Am Canceled!

Post by Armando Luzuriaga »

I AGREE 100%!!
Levy

Post by Levy »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
20sack

Post by 20sack »

When BBT draws 83 boats and AC East draws 6 boats on the Delta over the weekend, it's difficult to believe that the organizations can't see that they are cannibilizing the "Pro" market in the West with the Semi Pro. They need to get rid of the "Semi-Pro" and "Pro-Jargon" and just call them team tournaments or we will ALL lose. 83 boats proves that there is still plenty of interest in tournament fishing out West.
I AGREE!!! What ever happened to fishing a "team tournament" with 60-100 boat fields with no criteria? This has been non-existant because of the money and tournament director discretion rules that apply in the circuits that draw the most boats. Let's all play ball, damn, most of the "anglers" that qualify for the most participated circuits have nicer boats than me.
duaneg4

Post by duaneg4 »

So...this is BBT's fault? What a joke.

There are many other variables in play here. Perhaps there is an issue with AC?

Look at their website and the number of boats fishing their regions. In fact do that with all the circuits.

Survival of the fittest.

For those of you claiming the BBT members should pay their dues and fish "pro", how's that work in' for ya?

Cherry pickers beware. Your days may be over.

Go ahead...type what you want...that's easy to do.

Me, I'll fish the organization I want, when I want, with whom I want.

Duane Goudy
BBT Staff...and proud to be.
20sack

Post by 20sack »

Look at their website and the number of boats fishing their regions. In fact do that with all the circuits.
Survival of the fittest.
For those of you claiming the BBT members should pay their dues and fish "pro", how's that work in' for ya?
Duane Goudy
I don't support AC, as you stated: "I'll fish the org I want, when I want, with whom I want." I agree with!!! The team open at McClure was awesome, 85 boats and "Open" to all. I fished it, and it was well ran and paid well to the top three as it should. I would as, many others would love to fish BBT, however, we don't qualify!
duaneg4

Post by duaneg4 »

20sack wrote:
Survival of the fittest.
For those of you claiming the BBT members should pay their dues and fish "pro", how's that work in' for ya?i
Duane Goudy
I don't support AC, as you stated: "I'll fish the org I want, when I want, with whom I want." I agree with!!! The team open at McClure was awesome, 85 boats and "Open" to all. I fished it, and it was well ran and paid well to the top three as it should. I would as, many others would love to fish BBT, however, we don't qualify!
BBT is holding an OPEN team Tournament at Don Pedro this Saturday April 27. Should be a great turn out.
GW

Post by GW »

......and I am sure AC was just about to announce the cancellation...... sorry you wasted your time Mike, that sucks
bircher

Post by bircher »

Thanks GW. That's was really the intent of my post, just venting my frustrations that I would hope any angler could appreciate. There was a lot of planning that took place to commit to pre-fishing that many days. My kids and wife were the one's that really feel it when I fish that many days in a row.

I was not in anyway bashing a particular circuit, just making my observations. The BBT is a well run circuit and I believe they will continue to grow in the future. They are drawing far more boats than any of the so called "Pro-Team Circuits". My research indicates that they put on a very inpressive TOC as well.

What really sucks is marking all of those big Delta Toads on or near the beds and NOT sticking them!

Tight Lines,
Mike Birch
Bill Hutcheson

Post by Bill Hutcheson »

US Anglers Choice made the decision to cancel the Delta Pro-AM on Monday morning after the weekend's mail and phone messages indicated that we would not have enough anglers to run a quality Pro-Am event. All anglers who had signed up were contacted via phone and notified that the event was scrubbed.

USAC has not indicted any organization as being responsible for the decline in Pro-Am participation. Any claims of other organizations contributing to the decline in Pro-Am participation is pure speculation on the part of the poster making that statement. The fact of the matter is that the economy has taken a bite out of all Pro-Am events from FLW to WON BASS to USAC as each of these Pro-Am organizations has experienced declining numbers over the past few years.
Make it idiot proof and someone will invent a better idiot
FROGvsBASS

Post by FROGvsBASS »

BBT just needs to step up and let anybody fish...survival of the fittest? Then what is the deal with the super secret advisory board and the all these qualifications? If the fittest are to survive then throw them in with the "overly qualified" guys and see what happens. Oh wait, that's how it once was and then everybody who had not won a dime decided to take their boat and go home. :lol:
biteme

Post by biteme »

FROGvsBASS wrote:BBT just needs to step up and let anybody fish...survival of the fittest? Then what is the deal with the super secret advisory board and the all these qualifications? If the fittest are to survive then throw them in with the "overly qualified" guys and see what happens. Oh wait, that's how it once was and then everybody who had not won a dime decided to take their boat and go home. :lol:
IMO they are getting the numbers because they dont let just anyone fish. Allow the pros to step in and the numbers will decline. Again, IMO. :mrgreen:
lcates

Post by lcates »

Bill Hutcheson wrote:US Anglers Choice made the decision to cancel the Delta Pro-AM on Monday morning after the weekend's mail and phone messages indicated that we would not have enough anglers to run a quality Pro-Am event. All anglers who had signed up were contacted via phone and notified that the event was scrubbed.

USAC has not indicted any organization as being responsible for the decline in Pro-Am participation. Any claims of other organizations contributing to the decline in Pro-Am participation is pure speculation on the part of the poster making that statement. The fact of the matter is that the economy has taken a bite out of all Pro-Am events from FLW to WON BASS to USAC as each of these Pro-Am organizations has experienced declining numbers over the past few years.
i was never notified
Turkeyman

Post by Turkeyman »

By pros you mean the KVD's Monroe or Reese? The BBT has several well known MotherLode fishermen in the ranks that qualify per thier rules. None of these guys make thier living from just fishing and are weekend warriors. I have said and still say with the cost of living, fuel for both boat and tow rig the cheaper entry fees are a lot more attractive than the higher priced "Pro" teams. So if someone has a better way of running a tournament and does so at a lower cost for the angler and makes it fun and pays well then good for them.
FROGvsBASS

Post by FROGvsBASS »

I completely agree turkeyman. My point is why all the exclusion? If you have the money you should be able to fish. This whole idea of a "semi-pro" or "future pro" is ridiculous. If you tow your boat to the ramp and throw your money in the hat you're a pro. If you don't win enough to support yourself you're just not a very successful pro. There is no shortage of turkey shoots and bass club tourneys for the guys that want to put up a little money and a get a line wet but you go to a "semi-pro" tournament and see brand new boats and guys that have been pre-fishing for 3 days, but they're not pros? I have nothing bad to say about BBT its just the idea of a circuit for competitive fishing, but lets keep the successful guys out? Who does that?
elfish16

Post by elfish16 »

FROGvsBASS wrote:I completely agree turkeyman. My point is why all the exclusion? If you have the money you should be able to fish. This whole idea of a "semi-pro" or "future pro" is ridiculous. If you tow your boat to the ramp and throw your money in the hat you're a pro. If you don't win enough to support yourself you're just not a very successful pro. There is no shortage of turkey shoots and bass club tourneys for the guys that want to put up a little money and a get a line wet but you go to a "semi-pro" tournament and see brand new boats and guys that have been pre-fishing for 3 days, but they're not pros? I have nothing bad to say about BBT its just the idea of a circuit for competitive fishing, but lets keep the successful guys out? Who does that?
Bingo. Why can't people just fish. The "rookie" or semi-pro stuff here in So cal didn't work because the exclusive rules ban most people! When that happened people didn't show up, in return, they lasted 1 year! I fished the WRL TOC 2 years ago at Clear Lake, if you searched the archived sites or names, most those people are OVERLY qualified to fish the "RULES" in place.

Years ago there were 100 boat fields with pros like A Mart, Skeet and more and people fished. People didn't complain about PRO's being there...it was to fish. Just because you lower the fee doesn't mean you exclude weekend guys who happen to have success.
Eric Elshere

https://donssmokinsalmon.com
https://maxima-lines.com
robertthornton

Post by robertthornton »

Ac is a joke and BBT's toc is a joke. Us as tournament anglers are taken advantage of. One day a circut will come along out west built for the anglers not the directors. We just have to wait. Meanwhile we will continue to be taken.
kitjack

Post by kitjack »

What is the overall payback at BBT? I thought they paid back as well as anyone else.
frank

Post by frank »

Robert,

How is the BBT taking advantage of anglers? Not trying to be a smart@&&, just want to see what I am missing. I fish the circuit and from what I can see the staff is on top of everything and the payback is as good as can be expected.

The thing only thing that bugs me is seeing the same guys each year only fish certain bodies of water, not the complete circuit. People have all these strong opinions, but won't the cherry picking be even worse if they were all open tournaments. Would the delta rats travel to the other venues if they could fish BBT?

How many boats would the BBT lose if every time the circuits go to a body of water the top 5 are all top tier locals that fish 5 days a week?

And what is wrong with having a circuit with low entry fees that guys can fish without pre fishing and feel like they have a shot since they are not fishing against guys that are on the water 3 to 4 days a week.
robertthornton

Post by robertthornton »

frank wrote:Robert,

How is the BBT taking advantage of anglers? Not trying to be a smart@&&, just want to see what I am missing. I fish the circuit and from what I can see the staff is on top of everything and the payback is as good as can be expected.

The thing only thing that bugs me is seeing the same guys each year only fish certain bodies of water, not the complete circuit. People have all these strong opinions, but won't the cherry picking be even worse if they were all open tournaments. Would the delta rats travel to the other venues if they could fish BBT?

How many boats would the BBT lose if every time the circuits go to a body of water the top 5 are all top tier locals that fish 5 days a week?

And what is wrong with having a circuit with low entry fees that guys can fish without pre fishing and feel like they have a shot since they are not fishing against guys that are on the water 3 to 4 days a week.

The paybacks on the weekend tournaments are ok. The BBT TOC is a joke because there is little money set aside from all the weekend tournaments. They promise 20k at the end of the year for first place, and they are achieving that by allowing 170 teams to fish, and having them pay $300 a team. Also they only pay back something like 1/10 or 1/15 for the TOC to make it seem like there is a big payout for the top teams. Why would you fish all year just to qualify for a tournament that you have to pay a ridicules entry fee that helps the tournament director cover his promises. As far as Anglers Choice goes there has been a few anglers that have not received what they were told they would get for winning the TOC, and have had to go to court, and or give up on trying to get what they were told they would receive. Whatever though we as anglers are taken for granted, and no matter how much we bitch we still fish tournaments. California is in need of a good local tournament designed for the anglers to to excel. There is no reason there cant be a tournament circuit that pays 100%. Once it grows there is plenty of money with sponsors, and cities paying the circuit to hold the event there. We just need one circuit with a reasonable entry, whether its a pro am or a team deal, or both. Maybe we need a tournament circuit ran by volunteers, and every year the anglers vote on who should run it. Maybe have a marketing company be the main sponsor and in exchange have them run the circuit. Just my opinion
bassmeout

Post by bassmeout »

$150.00 all in - LET'S ALL GO FISHING !!!!!!

No options please

Pay 1 and 10 or 1 and 15
Org keeps 10 %
pay back to anglers 90%

Start drawing 150 to 200 boats - get the remaining of the $ from your sponsors ( don't be lazy - KNOCK ON DOORS PLEASE & find you sponsors )

100 boats
100 = 15000
Org = 1500
Big fish $10 = 1000 ( 1st big fish $600 & 2nd big fish $400 )
Payback = 12500
I like 1 and 15 because you want your check to mean something

1st $5000 %40

2nd $2500 %20

3rd $1875 %15

4th $1500 %12

5th $1000 %8

6th $ 625 %5

7 to 10 sponsor gift

You lost - you will eat tomorrow - you place you go home with a nice check !!
barse41

Post by barse41 »

Nor-cal pays 95+ percent back. And still manages some cash for a end of the year deal. Low entry.

Nobody shows :roll:
theres a fine line between fishin and standin on a boat like an idiot
Noluk

Post by Noluk »

It always amazes me how many fisherman can build a better tournament circuit than everyone else before them. Just like they can all build a better car company than Chevy because they drove one. By all means... do it. Open it to everyone and charge 300 or so a team... Oh wait.. lots of Orgs tried that... they are down to 20 boats a so a tourney... Hmm big championships as a draw... dying on the vine. Pro-Ams will be the ticket... top name brands and California will go all in.. FLW and Bass.. either scaled back and semi struggling to fill the events or gone.

There have been LOTS of really good fishing minds trying to put together good fishing choices for California anglers for years and we have not responded. Everyone who is not eligible to fish a semi-pro circuit yells about it... We hear you.. What you are saying is I know I could get me some of that cash if I could fish. How many people called up Randy and said "Hey Randy, I know I can't fish with you on the Delta but I have won 25k there over the years... Would you like me to give a quick seminar on the Delta in case you have any new anglers at signups?" Grow the sport. Some of us take teens fishing and get new anglers involved. Want some "easy" entry fees... fish the Federation. It can lead somewhere special.. (ask Mark Daniels) You can teach lots of newer anglers. And if you are a stud you can make a decent little check. (Yes I am associated with the Fed as a volunteer)

I am beginning to think that our greatest strength as an angling community is to gossip, complain and attempt to tear down anyone who attempts to build something for us. God knows Gary has put his name, work and money into several projects trying to build a better mousetrap for us. It did not work out yet but damn it his trying earned some of dollars next time I purchase a rod. That is what we all need to do. Support something, spend something and fish something in a positive way. Get a few more of your friends on the water fishing.
kb

Post by kb »

Robert95614 you have it all figured out from what I see.........Payback 100%, offer a big payout at the TOC and pay 1-5, get big sponsor dollars and get the cities to pay you to come......

The permit Jamboree is in July can't wait to see your schedule!!! I didn't know it was all that easy!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

You want trophies and insurance too?

kb
California Outdoor Hall of Fame
Ultimate Bass Radio Saturday's on KHTK Sac Town Sports 1140
swimbait

Post by swimbait »

I only want to fish in tournaments where I can be certain there are not too many other guys who are better than me at fishing.
Fred Fullerton

Post by Fred Fullerton »

THANK YOU KB
Kevin Cheek

Post by Kevin Cheek »

robert95614 wrote:
frank wrote:Robert,

The paybacks on the weekend tournaments are ok. The BBT TOC is a joke because there is little money set aside from all the weekend tournaments. They promise 20k at the end of the year for first place, and they are achieving that by allowing 170 teams to fish, and having them pay $300 a team. Also they only pay back something like 1/10 or 1/15 for the TOC to make it seem like there is a big payout for the top teams. Why would you fish all year just to qualify for a tournament that you have to pay a ridicules entry fee that helps the tournament director cover his promises. As far as Anglers Choice goes there has been a few anglers that have not received what they were told they would get for winning the TOC, and have had to go to court, and or give up on trying to get what they were told they would receive. Whatever though we as anglers are taken for granted, and no matter how much we bitch we still fish tournaments. California is in need of a good local tournament designed for the anglers to to excel. There is no reason there cant be a tournament circuit that pays 100%. Once it grows there is plenty of money with sponsors, and cities paying the circuit to hold the event there. We just need one circuit with a reasonable entry, whether its a pro am or a team deal, or both. Maybe we need a tournament circuit ran by volunteers, and every year the anglers vote on who should run it. Maybe have a marketing company be the main sponsor and in exchange have them run the circuit. Just my opinion
. Hey Robert it has come to my atten. just how much you don't know. People should pick up a phone and call the orginazation in question rather then make remarks that make them look like they know what they are talking about, but seem to have no CLUE what the real truth is! Pick up the phone and give me a call and l will set you straight so you can stop looking like an idiot!!!! 559-977-8420 I will be up all night should you decide to call! Kevin Cheek
They say a person is defined by the company we keep! Makes you think...
yjjustforme

Post by yjjustforme »

Or everyone can just stop bitching about this tourney or that tourney and just go fishing. If you like to fish a bbt or a ac or fpt or a turkey shoot, go fish it and stop fing crying about how things are ran. Lets face it, these organizations are all capable of bigger and better things (especially in a better economy) but if people would just stop complaining and looking at the glass as half empty instead of half full things would be so much better. Just be glad that we have tourneys that payout, and if your not happy then don't fish em.

Jacob swaim
HawgCatcher

Post by HawgCatcher »

yjjustforme wrote:Or everyone can just stop bitching about this tourney or that tourney and just go fishing. If you like to fish a bbt or a ac or fpt or a turkey shoot, go fish it and stop fing crying about how things are ran. Lets face it, these organizations are all capable of bigger and better things (especially in a better economy) but if people would just stop complaining and looking at the glass as half empty instead of half full things would be so much better. Just be glad that we have tourneys that payout, and if your not happy then don't fish em.

Jacob swaim

+1
Herb
Galt, CA.

http://www.berkley-fishing.com/
http://www.abugarcia.com/
http://www.fenwickfishing.com/
http://www.spiderwire.com/
http://zekoshoes.com/
http://goo.gl/eZywId (Snag Proof)
Jim V.

Post by Jim V. »

And you guys are trying to understand why those of us that once fished tournaments, no longer do so? As far as I'm concerned, there is way too much drama but I don't have any idea how to make that better. I fish to enjoy myself, relax & maybe learn something from the person with me. After retirement, I'm beginning to realize that life is way too short to try to deal with all that.