Melones down 18ft in 30 days

MT

Melones down 18ft in 30 days

Post by MT »

And it looks like their ramping it up. I wonder if this has screwed up the bite. Anyone been there recently? Bet they left alot of beds high and dry this year. Not good.
Kentuck

Re: Melones down 18ft in 30 days

Post by Kentuck »

Bet they lost a lot of spawn as a result.
Richard - Sonora

I've Been Out On Melones 3 Times Last 10.....

Post by Richard - Sonora »

Days and have not seen a bed yet, occupied or not. Each time I have been on that water had to go down to find fish, sometimes 30 feet. Normal spring/early summer stuff not reliable now for me. Little to no surface activity either. RK
MT

Post by MT »

Thanks Richard. Thats what I figured. They've definitely screwed things up this spring. I was up there in march and the 1st wave was showing up. Went back about 10-days later and all of the wood I saw fish around was high and dry. Too bad. I'm still going to take the boys up Saturday to mess around. The Delta got a little funky on me and it's getting beat up right now. Thanks again for responding. Mike
Joe Bruce

Post by Joe Bruce »

second half the water was way down. it was very tuff but managed a few

Code: Select all

[youtube]http://youtu.be/TNYG8Zqy7j4[/youtube]
MT

Post by MT »

Good watch. I wish I had the discipline to throw that stuff. Yesterday was about what I expected. We could scratch a few fish at most of our spots but never found them bunched up. Threw a spook in the afternoon and stuck a 5.5lb spot that I let one of my boys reel in. Maybe should have started throwing it a little earlier. I think the bite would really improve if the damn water level would at least stabilize.
Joe Bruce

Post by Joe Bruce »

the water isnt dropping near as fast now. all we need is a little heat and the topwater bite will go off.