lowrance X135 Question

fishin4life

lowrance X135 Question

Post by fishin4life »

I have an X135 off a 06 ranger and it recently started to act up and not give a steady reading on the bottom. It will show that the bottom is over 100 ft deep when i can see the bottom and its 4ft, and jump all over the place. Dose this just mean i need a new trolling motor transducer cable or what? i hope its not to much to fix :oops:

thanks for the help guys
pb1967

Re: lowrance X135 Question

Post by pb1967 »

Helm or bow unit? I have an x125 doing the same thing on my bow. I have obvious problems such as compromised sheathing on the transducer cable and one half of the transducer mount is broken. Check these on yours if on the bow. If it is a helm unit check to make sure the transducer is still mounted properly and has not come loose.
fishwithron2

Post by fishwithron2 »

Maybe if your lucky you have a friend who has the same unit. Hook yours his power and see what happens. I had problems on my 510c and was going off. Borrow a unit from a friend and same problem. Ran ahot wire direct and it work fine. Trace problem down to a bad switch.
fishwithron2

Post by fishwithron2 »

Try taking it to the Hook or Fisherman W/H and pretty sure they have power outlet you can hook yours to. Same problem, need new transducer for about $40.00