Thank you Future Pro Tour!!!

Terry Smith

Thank you Future Pro Tour!!!

Post by Terry Smith »

Just wanted to thank Vince and his staff for A wonderfull 2 day event on the delta!!!!!!!
We were sitting in 8th place on Saturday night but couldn't put A good enough bag together to help us so we slipped down 5 spots to end up in 13th place :oops: But still A GREAT TIME!!!!!!

Terry Smith!!!!!!
http://www.basscat.com
http://www.tntbaits.com/
Lounge Lizard Extreme Bass Fishing
(916) 719-7225
Dom

Re: Thank you Future Pro Tour!!!

Post by Dom »

Ditto! Colt and I had a blast! We only had alittle over 10 lbs a day but we got a limit each day just could not get that big bite. Colt got 3rd in the FFP which is GREAT he still has the lead for the FFP AOY :) Cant wait till Berryessa. THANKS YALL!
Tight Lines Dom
bass king

Post by bass king »

results...?? At 10:55 AM on Tuesday, their website doesn't have them listed. :roll:
Terry Smith

Post by Terry Smith »

bass king wrote:results...?? At 10:55 AM on Tuesday, their website doesn't have them listed. :roll:
You know what I just looked and didn't see them either!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: OHHHH VINCE???????
(916) 719-7225
DAN

Post by DAN »

I would like to see results/payouts? Kinda excited to be back fishing with my wife... Yes we got our butt kicked but for the few boats they had where we fished this past weekend the payout was 660 first and 240 second...
Dan Mathisen
dan_mathisen@att.net
209-612-5028

Ben Green Insurance
Jeff Jewell

Post by Jeff Jewell »

What did it take to get a check??
When in Doubt " Set the Hook"
DAN

Post by DAN »

where we were...16 won and 14.8 second
Dan Mathisen
dan_mathisen@att.net
209-612-5028

Ben Green Insurance
Dom

Post by Dom »

FPT - 41 lbs for 2 days Jeff, Team had a 29 lb bag on day one and 12 lbs. on day 2 from what I heard. Weights dropped from 2nd place down , I am not spot on but close. I'm still waiting for the results, just got home from work and checked still not up. But I am Sure Vince is getting them up as I type this (hint hint my buddy Vince LOL )

FPT drew over 130 boats !!! Paid back 19 spots and as always a great event and Vince and the staff ran it flawlessly . We weighed in at Louis park then back to lads to trailer the boats did not have to deal with all the week end traffic at the lads launch ramp and in the parking lot that was a great idea :)
Tight Lines Dom
Backseat Tiger

Post by Backseat Tiger »

I enjoy fishing FPT but I would like to offer suggestions for a better run tournament. I am only posting this here as I know Vince and his staff read these posts and my previous email to them I never heard a response back and hopefully other future pro anglers can chime in to. First off, if the website says blast off at 1pm, don't blast off earlier than that, many boats missed blast off day one because boats went out well before 1pm. Secondly you can't hear much with your microphone from shore, both at clear lake and delta. As a follow up to that, no where on the website did it say weigh in was going to be somewhere different than where we blasted off from, kind of weird, as many boats were unaware of this especially when no one heard it announced through the megaphone from shore while all the engines where running. Lastly, and I am hoping that this stays consistent from here on out, have a check in boat at weigh ins, this was the first tournament with one, neither clear lakes had them and Folsom didn't have one again causing confusion because no one was informed of a drive through weigh in for that tourney. Again, these are just suggestions from someone who has fished many different rookie league circuits and a few different pro ams through different orgs. There is a reason I am fishing this rookie league and will continue to fish it, so obviously this is a well run circuit, just my two cents on how to improve. Thank you.
Dom

Post by Dom »

The change in weigh-in was posted right on the board where the flights weigh-in time was posted , also Vince repeated it from the launch boat. If ever you don't hear him just yell out WHAT! and he is always glad to repeat it for us anglers.

Funny thing was I had no idea where Louis park was then come to find out it was the cove where colt and I found our fish in pre-fish and spent all of day one LMAO so we fished right up to a minute to go and trolled over to the check in boat to check in . I do know there was a small glitch in the check in boat at the other tournaments no fault of Vince's and he did the best he could to rectify the situation as he always does. Not bagging on ya just letting ya know :) Tight Lines and hope to catch a bigger bag then you at Berryessa LMAO J/K well not really but its all in fun LOL
Tight Lines Dom
kraetzer

Post by kraetzer »

Have to agree with Backseat Tiger on the way-in location. I only saw it because at sign-up I thought the picture might be a off limits area and was surprised that it was actually the way-in location. Don't really remember that I heard anything later on over the speaker. I heard somebody talking about an off-limits area but not sure if there was one (we didn't fish close to launch side so I didn't double check).
I don't know about the launch on Saturday -> I would say Vince maybe let the first boats go 5-10 min early but I think you should be ready by than if you are in the first flight.
I would like to see blast-off a little earlier in the morning thou - safe light for me isn't sunrise.
kraetzer

"I am ready to face any challenge that might be foolish enough to face me" - Dwight K. Schrute
Terry Smith

Post by Terry Smith »

The only tournament so far that didn't have A check in boat was Clear Lake. I had A family emergency and had to leave NOT Vinces fault. As for Folsom either you didn't see me or came in before 3:00pm. took me longer than what I expected to weigh my fish and get the boat back on the water again MY fault NOT Vinces.

Terry
(916) 719-7225
Backseat Tiger

Post by Backseat Tiger »

This is all good discussion. Thanks for clearing up the check in boats terry, I was first flight at Folsom and definitely no check in boat, I thought you guys blast off early so you will be able to help with weigh ins? Also, unfortunate you had to leave at clear lake but again first weigh in and no check in boat and upon notifying Vince nobody sent out for later flights, I stayed the entire weigh in and watched guys come in late. Glad to see the issue has been addressed for future tournies though. Dom, Vince wasn't in a boat at blast off, he was on shore and no one could hear anything he was saying, maybe he could notify anglers when they check in the morning where weigh in is and where off limits is, I might try to fish where weigh in is next tourney, sounds like a good spot to be.... Just kidding Dom, I'm sure you are good as it wasn't posted as off limits. Forgot to mention that this circuit has by far the best live well checks in the morning, always someone around to check and launching has gone smoothly at all events. Look forward to seeing you at berry, and I agree, let's get out at first light not sunrise, we will need that low light come September!