Boat/Motor problem need help

FishOnBoard

Boat/motor problem need help

Post by FishOnBoard »

Please help me guys!!!!!! I have a Stratos Pro201 with a Johnson Venom V6 200HP and I recently got the boat back from the shop I took it to get it fix. Cause it would crank but wouldn't start so I brought it in and they told me it was the power packs and trigger. So I got the boat back a few days ago and I took it out on the weekend and I would try to get it to go and plane but it wouldn't it feels like I was at low rpm my gauges doesn't work so i couldn't tell whats my RPM was at, but I was at full throttle and it still wouldn't go for a long time and I would only top out at 30 MPH. I check my prop and the hub to rule it out already. The boat ran fine before it wouldn't start and brought it to the shop. Could it be Timing or could it be what they installed that wasn't running properly or is it something else please help. THANKS
mark poulson

Re: Boat/Motor problem need help

Post by mark poulson »

You should call the shop that worked on it and take it back in for them to fix.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
mark poulson

Re: Boat/motor problem need help

Post by mark poulson »

Take it back to the shop who did the work and have them fix it.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
norcalracer

Post by norcalracer »

First of all take it back to shop,and request that they go water test after repair, But i would guess its only running on half the cylinders they may have got a faulty part or a used part or a bad connection on one of the power packs.
Hipster

Post by Hipster »

Those older johnson motors were notorious for this kind of problem. I know that most had faulty oil pumps and blew many a motor. Also if they were not at a certain trim level the motor would not start, it had to be exactly flat / straight even. This sound like you have lost a power head, I would call Phil at C&C in Citrus Heights he is the best!!! Tell him Mark from AZ sent ya
Four Decades of Red!!!!!!!!

When in Doubt Set the Hook!!!

Mark
FishOnBoard

Post by FishOnBoard »

Thanks guys I'm stressing my butt off!!! I hope it's just the parts they Installed it was running fine the previous week before the power packs went out. I'll take all your guys advise into consideration and hope for the best
TCS

Post by TCS »

check your spark plug connections. the same thing happened to me and im assuming when they put the cowling on it knocked one of my plug wires off. Im just glad i caught it and didnt have to take it back.
FishOnBoard

Post by FishOnBoard »

I haven't checked It yet but ima see what they going to say cause it's back at the shop
Phil Burgess

Post by Phil Burgess »

I don't have a Johnson but I know on my merc one time the throttle linkage came off the secondary's ......and only the primary butter fly valve was opening on the throttle body..... just a quick little snap back in and she was ready to roll........

boat would barley get on pad........ with the throttle wide open....... the day I got it back from the shop....... they had just forgot to snap it back in.,.....
ILL RIDE TO HELL AND BACK WITH YOU BOYS!!!!!!!!!!
FishOnBoard

Post by FishOnBoard »

hmmm I wounded if the shop messed with my linkage cause all they changed was the power packs and trigger I'm a bit new to the boat motor
WackySenko

Post by WackySenko »

I do not know if this will help, but: I purchased a used Ranger with a 1988 Yamaha Pro V 150. The motor sounded fine when I bought it. Took it to the water and it ran really rough. I removed the cowling to check the plug wires and two looked out of place. I switched them and it ran great, has ever since.
FishOnBoard

Post by FishOnBoard »

Idk it could be, I haven't done anything to the motor it started running like this after I got it back from the shop