NBW Night Tournament at Pyramid Lake 7/26/14

Brian Linehan

NBW Night Tournament at Pyramid Lake 7/26/14

Post by Brian Linehan »

Hey guys-

Due to a wind cancellation earlier in the year at Castaic, I rescheduled the last tournament of the year at Pyramid Lake on Saturday, July 26 at Pyramid Lake. This is going to be a night tournament and hours should be from approximately 5:30-11:30.

No membership required at all and the total is $200 all-in, excluding the $35 night fee we have to charge for the LA County Sheriff's on duty. 90% payback for entries and 100% options.

I will be there by 2:30 for sign-ups and will stop accepting entries by 4:30pm. Please let me know if you have any questions and happy Fourth!!!

Brian
(714) 580-4088
Brian Linehan

Re: NBW Night Tournament at Pyramid Lake 7/26/14

Post by Brian Linehan »

TTT
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Brian,
What will the lake launch and vehicle fees be for that night?
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Brian Linehan

Post by Brian Linehan »

Hey Mark-

The lake launch and vehicle fees will be the same as always. I never collect for the lake so each team will pay the fees as they enter the lake. The only fee I'm collecting will be the night permit fee of $35 per team which will pay the overtime hours for two sheriff's from 6pm-midnight.

Let me know if you have any other questions Mark!
Brian
coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

Brian...just curious about the $35. Is that for each angler or for each team? Also since you are not sure of the number of teams that show up this seems wrong. If you get 10 teams for example and the $35 is per team then the sheriff gets $350, if you have 20 teams then they get $700, and lets just say that 50 teams show then the sheriff will get $1700?? all for the same amount of time???
Kevin
Pink Fishing, Crossed Industries, TackleWorkz, Shredfin Fishing, P250, Picasso, IRod, TCHG, BoatEFX, Bioenno Power, Spearpoint Hooks, TH Marine

Phil. 4:13
I can do all things through Christ the Lord who strengthens me.
Brian Linehan

Post by Brian Linehan »

Hey Kevin-

The check we have to cut to the Sheriff alone is about $900. Whether we have 15 boats or 40 boats, nobody has any idea and it's impossible to wait until all the teams are signed up and then figure it out from there. The night fees are standard and every org has them. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Brian
elfish16

Post by elfish16 »

Sometimes you gotta pay (MORE) to play boys. Just how it is... Look at it this way... you are playing at night when nobody else gets that chance. Pretty sweet deal!
Eric Elshere

https://donssmokinsalmon.com
https://maxima-lines.com
coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

I have no problem "paying to play" but if there are more boats that will cover the costs for the $900 then where is that money going?? Not trying to cause a problem but with money tight for a lot of people it would be nice to know that if more than 25 boats show then the boaters/anglers would get a little refund...IMHO
Kevin
Pink Fishing, Crossed Industries, TackleWorkz, Shredfin Fishing, P250, Picasso, IRod, TCHG, BoatEFX, Bioenno Power, Spearpoint Hooks, TH Marine

mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Who makes up the difference if there aren't enough boaters to cover the $900? By my calculations, at $35/boat, to cover the $900, the break even line is 26 boats.
CLEAN AND DRY
Brian Linehan

Post by Brian Linehan »

Precisely.
jg

Post by jg »

I don't know why anyone would would want to be a tournament director. I don't know any other business out there that gets questioned/blasted more than bass fishing.
Brian Linehan

Post by Brian Linehan »

I enjoy running the derbies. I really do. However, I can't handle the drama sometimes. People forget that bass fishing is a hobby for 99.9% and the organizations that run tournaments are a business. The organizations are in business to make money and certainly aren't non-profit organizations. I think a lot of fishermen think they should operate like a non-profit.

Where does the extra money go? If we get more than 26 boats, it gets deposited into the banking account. If we get less than 26 boats, we are on the hook and have to make up the difference. I don't think it would go over too well if we were 10 boats shy of the required 26 and walked around with a donation hat to collect the extra $350. Do you?

Btw, I'm averaging 25 boats for the year so that's how I came up with the $35 figure.

Brian

Brian
mrobinett

Post by mrobinett »

I know I'm going to regret getting involved in this, but here goes. I personally don't understand all the questioning of these dollar amounts for this or that. It's not that this is just a turkeyshoot being run by somebody that nobody knows. It's NBW and being run by Brian Linehan. This is a very good organization and a tournament director that everybody here locally knows and respects. I'm not sure if everybody understands how much time and effort goes into running these tournies and doing it for all of us to do. If it wasn't for people like this, we wouldn't be fishing tournies the way we do.
sniper

Post by sniper »

If it's all about a few extra bucks for a day or evening of good times, perhaps just rethink going, stay home and mow the yard instead!!
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Where's the hair??? Is all that extra money going toward plugs?
CLEAN AND DRY
mrobinett

Post by mrobinett »

To Mark. Ouch. That was funny.
Brian Linehan

Post by Brian Linehan »

You guys are funny lol :D :D
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

I don't understand why everyone is getting defensive about this man's question. I see nothing wrong with asking where my money is going. I think these orgs should just answer the questions truthfully and let the anglers make a informed decision. Instead they seem to make you feel like your doing something wrong by asking a question.
coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

Sorry I asked a simple question. I have fished a bunch of different trails and always know where my money is going. I have also fished night tournies at Castaic and had never had to pay for something like this and I know that there is another trail that is fishing night tournies at Pyramid and don't think there is a fee for that and that is why I asked. I am in no way accusing you (Brian) of anything funny. I have never fished any of the tournies you run and hear nothing but good things about you and your tournies. Hope it is a great turn out and a great tourney.
Kevin

mrobinett

Post by mrobinett »

coachkvm. American Bass does charge the extra fees for the sheriffs.
Brian Linehan

Post by Brian Linehan »

No offense taken. All of the circuits charge a night permit fee. Sometimes, the fee is for the actual lake permit like at DVL where they charge $1,000. Other times like at Pyramid, the fee is for the sheriff, Dept of Foresty permit, as well as the DFG permit. There's a lot that goes into running a Pyramid tournament compared to some lakes.
cboogy

Post by cboogy »

I am very greatful for the tournament directors such as Brian, Rich, Jason, John and the rest of them. I feel they are not doing this because they need to, or are having the intensions to make alot of money.
Everytime I hear someone second questioning where money is going it makes me sick. If it was not for these men I would not have a tournament to fish at Castaic or Pyramid.

Thank you tournament directors for doing what you do!!!!!!
Brian Linehan

Post by Brian Linehan »

Thank you bro! I enjoy running them and seeing the guys.
jg

Post by jg »

It's not the question it's self I just dont see people asking at other business's what owners are doing with their money. It seems in the bass fishing world the orgs owe you a penny by penny accounting. I can see asking about options as this is useally just held side pot money advertised as full pay back. But fees are no differnt than any other business owner's personal business.
Brian Linehan

Post by Brian Linehan »

Hey guys-

Don't forget to be signed in by 4:30pm. I'm planning on stopping the registration at that time so I can get you guys launched and on the water for our blast off. I'll probably park outside the lake entrance for registration because I imagine the lake will be pretty crowded from daytime traffic. I should be there around 2pm.

If anyone wants to practice the day of the tournament that's totally fine with me. Just make sure you're off the water and signed up by 4:30pm. The tournament will start at 5:30pm regardless of how many boats are launched and ready to go. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU LAUNCH AND GIVE YOURSELF PLENTY OF TIME! The day traffic and launching can be challenging this time of year.

If anyone has questions, please call me.

Brian
(714) 580-4088
Brian Linehan

Post by Brian Linehan »

Bump