HDS 9 Gen 2 Touch Lost temp readings

Moderator: Ken Sauret

JeffJ

HDS 9 Gen 2 Touch Lost temp readings

Post by JeffJ »

This weekend I lost the temp readings on both my console and bow graghs while out on the water. ALso had a belll pop up with symbol in in, which later found out was an alarm. When I got home was able to reset the console unit but the bow is asking for a transducer type. I have the built in sonar on the minn kota Fortrex 112. What model number do I use? Also what would cause this to go out on me? And also noticed that my fron unit lost my mapping while on the water. Back unit showed me on the lake but bow unit showed me in Lousina, while I was on a lake in Cali??? These units are networked toegther if that helps. What is going on with these units?

New to Lowrance as I been with Hummingbird so taking some time to figure them out.
Jeff Jue
Skeeter Boats
Bob's Machine Shop
Powell Rods
Perigrine 250
California Reservoir Lures
Amphibia Eye Wear
mark poulson

Re: HDS 9 Gen 2 Touch Lost temp readings

Post by mark poulson »

Maybe it just got lost going from the bow to the console because your new boat is so damn long!! :lol:
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
JeffJ

Post by JeffJ »

HAHAHA your funny Mark. I think I figured it out anyway. Disconnected the ethernet cable then set my temp on bow and now everything works. Still dont know why I couldnt see my mapping on bow the other day though.
Jeff Jue
Skeeter Boats
Bob's Machine Shop
Powell Rods
Perigrine 250
California Reservoir Lures
Amphibia Eye Wear
Marc

Post by Marc »

Not sure how to answer your question about why you lost your map since I can't see the screen, but what I have observed with others who had this complaint they were zoomed in so far that the map screen didn't show anything but the map background. When your map showed the wrong location you probably had the cursor up on the screen which freezes the screen on the map location the cursor is showing. Press the exit button and the map should return to your current location. If you press the menu choice to "restore cursor" you would return to the map location your cursor was previously on.

Regarding your transducer type, for the Universal Sonar choose "Generic 83/200" for the best readings. These will be good, but not as good as using a Lowrance transducer strapped to the electric motor.

Also be sure to set your unit on Shallow Water Mode; change the update method from the factory default of Auto, to "Time" and then set the refresh rate to "1 second". Also set your ping speed to max, or at least above 18.

Consider using a power converter and practice with your HDS in your home while watching TV; you will learn a lot more about your HDS when you practice when not fishing.
www.RangerBoats.com
www.Evinrude.com
www.QuickDropsWeights.com
www.Yamamoto.Baits.com
www.Lamiglas.com
www.Gamakatsu.com
www.LuckyCraft.com
www.Lowrance.com
www.TransducerShieldandSaver.com
Dagmandt

Post by Dagmandt »

Hi Marc,

Do you have a link to an appropriate power converter? I just purchased an HDS7 gen 2 touch and would love to get it working in the home. I've searched the Lowrance site and didn't find anything.