Casitas Trout plant happened TODAY!!!!!

Kelly Ripa

Casitas Trout plant happened TODAY!!!!!

Post by Kelly Ripa »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: They stocked Casitas lake today Friday the 10 with 8 inch to 14 inch rainbow trout. I would have bet the house that if they ever did pour in some trout this year that it would be in the fall. Lord knows they have they have tried their best to kill the ecosystem off. We are missing our female bald eagle as of last week.Anyway the water was darn warm for it but I don't care and I imagine in about less time than it takes me to type this the little buggers figured out that shad are yummy as they poured them in the marina right into the shad soup around the docks,where everybody is netting their bait. Side note I went out at 8 with my sister and had a better limit than last weeks by far in short order without putting in much effort so it bodes well for the WON tournament tomorrow good luck guys.

Rip

They said it had been 3 years since they stocked. You can't count that stocking or the year before as anything other than a waste of money and resources. 200,000 dollars worth of trout 3 pounds to 16 pounds was NOT a boon to the bass population as those were top tier predators when they hit the water. The poor shad are getting it from above and below 24/7 and 365 days a year. And the post spawn this year are acting like trout.... just wandering trying to jump a bait ball if they can..........
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!