WINDSOR PARKING/COULD BE UGLY FOR ELITES

Steve L

WINDSOR PARKING/COULD BE UGLY FOR ELITES

Post by Steve L »

For those of you who plan to launch at Windsor for the Elite Tournament be prepared to be inconvenienced by park rangers. It seems the Convention Information Bureau for Havasu decided the north and south ramps should be closed to the public and be used only by the 112 boats that BASS will have on Thursday and Friday. Saturday will be 52 boats and Sunday will be 12 boats. The public will only be able to use the jet ski ramp with its four lanes. The weekend will be chaos. There will be long lines trying to pull your boat out of the water. You may want to launch at Site Six or pay $15 at Havasu Marina (your state pass is not good @ marina) If you are by yourself it will be almost impossible to launch because of the distance to parking. Common sense would have put the Elites at the jet ski ramp, but the CIB must of had thought this was a good idea.
It will still be a great event and I heard there would be shuttles. However, it could have been so much better.
jg

Re: WINDSOR PARKING/COULD BE UGLY FOR ELITES

Post by jg »

The park rangers ran shuttles to help the launch issues. I thought they did a great job in support of holding a big event in the Havasu area. Besides with all they had set up and the way they held the weigh in there's no way it would have worked in the jetski parking area. I think the hole thing was ran well.
Jim V.

Re: WINDSOR PARKING/COULD BE UGLY FOR ELITES

Post by Jim V. »

I was there all 4 days as a marshal. There was no problem that I saw. BASS and private boaters launched from the middle ramps & the jet ski ramp. Volunteers shuttled people in golf carts. No problem.