Ultimate Frog Challenge "Battle Boxes"

AnglersPress

Ultimate Frog Challenge "Battle Boxes"

Post by AnglersPress »

Just like you would never want to be caught in the middle of a gun fight with only a feather duster in your hand, you surely don’t want to be caught in the heat of battle at the upcoming Ultimate Frog Challenge – “Battle of the Frogs” event without the proper weapons to help you win the day.

To that end, any team that signs up for the Ultimate Frog Challenge event before July 13th, will receive the opportunity to win one of TEN Ultimate Frog Challenge custom Plano "Battle Boxes" containing SIX DIFFERENT BRANDS of top water frogs in it, along with special replacement EWG Gamakatsu frog hooks!

Frogs included in the Ultimate Frog Challenge “Battle Box” will be:

SnagProof
SPRO
River2Sea
Live Target
Savage Gear
Jackall

This is a $100 dollar value that should help you "take care of business" at an exciting - and unique event, that will allow you to fish with ANY BRAND of top water frog you choose!

And if you are not lucky enough to win one of the fully loaded custom "Battle Boxes" if you are one of the first 100 sign ups you will be entered to win one of FIFTY custom "Battle Boxes" with at least one of the competing frogs in it!

And don’t forget…. those that sign up for this event before July 13th will also be entered into a raffle for a dream fishing vacation of a lifetime to Billy Chapman Jr’s world-famous Angler’s Inn Lodge right on the shores of beautiful Lake El Salto in Mexico where they will be able to include a friend to go along for 50% off the regular price!

So are you ready to do battle?

If so...you need to get signed up today!

Angler’s Press
http://www.anglerspress.com

Mike

Re: Ultimate Frog Challenge "Battle Boxes"

Post by Mike »

Who schedules a frog tournament the weekend before the "Real" Frog tournament??
OG on WB since 1993
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

There are two frog tournaments this year. Some have been confused by this. Wayne covered the facts in the summer issue of WesternBass.com Magazine but here is a rundown of what he wrote to avoid any confusion about this year's frog events.

The California Delta will welcome TWO frog events this year.

For 2015, the Snag Proof Open and Angler’s Press will hold separate frog events.

The ever-popular, longstanding, ORIGINAL frog only event - the Snag Proof Open will blast off for its 14th annual tournament on the first weekend of August (1st and 2nd) as it always has.

Angler's Press will host a NEW frog event. They will debut the 1st UFC (Ultimate Frog Challenge). The UFC will be held on July 25th and 26th and will allow ANY brand of topwater frog.

SNAG PROOF OPEN (AUG 1 and 2)

There are some changes to the Snag Proof Open format for this year.

NEW for the Snag Proof anglers
- The event will be run by Randy Pringle and the BBT staff, who will be donating their time, allowing for a 100% entry fee payback.
- Boat order will not be by signups. There will be a lottery draw for boat release order.
- All entries received by July 15 will receive a FREE breakfast on Day 1 AND a FREE BBQ at weigh-in of Day 1.

UFC (July 25 and 26)

The UFC (like the other Angler's Press events - Yamamoto Big Bass Challenge and the River2Sea Open) will be a qualifying event for the Coors Light Delta Championship.
**The first UFC 50 signups will receive a FREE tri-tip BBQ!
Mike

Post by Mike »

Yeah im aware of what's going on. Just thought it was weird that the guy that used to run the Snag Proof tournament would go off in his own and hold one the weekend before?? I'd love to hear the story behind that. Smh.

I'll be supporting the "OG"
OG on WB since 1993
Tony Lain

Post by Tony Lain »

I am looking forward to the UFC!! My team partner and I have fished the Snag Proof Open at the Delta 3-4 times in the past and also the SPRO Frog Open at Lake Havasu twice. IMO, the new UFC is a "True Frog" tournament, being anglers can use what ever brand frog they choose. I love this!!! It should be a great derby and WE should ALL support this event!!
RANGER Boats - MERCURY Marine
redneck078

Post by redneck078 »

I am also one of those that want to know "WHY" anglers press isn't running the snag proof anymore. We are aware of the differences between the two tourneys. What caused anglers press to stop running the snag proof but then turn right around and create another one right before the one they left?
scott h

Post by scott h »

redneck078 wrote:I am also one of those that want to know "WHY" anglers press isn't running the snag proof anymore. We are aware of the differences between the two tourneys. What caused anglers press to stop running the snag proof but then turn right around and create another one right before the one they left?
Who cares why, the fact that it is 100% payback, this type of tourney should have been from the beginning, for years we have been getting jacked for that money, I am happy that Snag Proof made the change, the other companies that hold product specific tournaments should follw suit,out with the old and in with the new.
BUZZBAITS IN FEBRUARY!@#$%^&*(
Levy

Post by Levy »

Who cares why, the fact that it is 100% payback, this type of tourney should have been from the beginning, for years we have been getting jacked for that money, I am happy that Snag Proof made the change, the other companies that hold product specific tournaments should follw suit,out with the old and in with the new.

Exactly right Scott, I have been saying this for years and am very glad that Snag Proof and BBT listened. Why anybody would fish the other for 70-80% payback tops is beyond me!

Good Job Snag Proof!!!

Jon Levenson