new emergency drought dam?

Derrick

new emergency drought dam?

Post by Derrick »

Since the dam went in how has it been changing the area's you fish around Frank's Tract?
Wolfeman

Re: new emergency drought dam?

Post by Wolfeman »

I think it changed the tide in Sand Mound Slough the last time I was fishing there. When it should have been draining into Rock it was actually going the other way; draining from Rock into Sand Mound.
- Wolfeman
"Don't take life too seriously. You're not getting out alive." Bugs Bunny
Cooch

Re: new emergency drought dam?

Post by Cooch »

The fact that there is no tidal flow coming down False River and through the middle of the Tract has affected the area in several ways. First and foremost, Algae blooms and stagnant areas. The fish have moved out into the grass and are not setting up around the many openings where the current would normally flow and the shad as they spawn would be present. I've notice very slow moving tides all day from Franks to below Cruiser and Bullfrog on both Middle and old River. The fish are setting up differently in those other areas as well. The shad are spawning heavily right now, so this bodes well from a forage standpoint.

Areas off the main SJR seem to be as normal as they are this time of year. We're still catching fish, just having to make the adjustments the fish are forced to make.