Don Lee Memorial Scholarship Fund Tournament

fsh4bss

Don Lee Memorial Scholarship Fund Tournament

Post by fsh4bss »

The Don Lee Memorial Scholarship Tournament is coming up on September 12th, out of Russo's Marina on the Delta. Last year we ended up with 71 boats and raised over $1700 each in Scholarship funds for the winner's of the TBF/FLW State High School Championship. This years winner's and Scholarship recipient's are Michael Miller, from Rancho Coate High School, and Alec Pitts, from Analy High School. I would like to raise at least the same, or more, amount of Scholarship funds for them this year.

This is a great Tournament which honors a legend in the Western Bass Fishing World and beyond, Mr. Don Lee. Don, a long time Ranger Representative and FLW Tournament Employee gave his all to help many new and veteran bass anglers in the west. Come on out and help honor his memory and dedication. We are still looking for prizes for our big raffle (all proceeds go to the Scholarship Fund). If you would like to donate please contact me.

The Don Lee Scholarship Fund is a 501(C)3 company and as such your donations are tax deductible. 50% of the Tournament Fee and all of the Steve (Smitty) Smith Big Fish Award are paid back to the field and the other 50% (tax deductible) goes to the Scholarship fund.

Applications are available at http://www.donleememorial.com
unnamed[1].jpg
Gary Bradford | Western Tournament Operations | MLF | gary.bradford@majorleaguefishing.com
cell 909.730.1818 | 22396 Loch Lomond Drive, Canyon Lake, CA. 92587
Follow us: facebook | twitter | majorleaguefishing.com
Catmantwo

Re: Don Lee Memorial Scholarship Fund Tournament

Post by Catmantwo »

Bass Cat Owners tournament on the same date but:

The West Coast Bass Cat Owners invitational will take place the 12th and 13th of September, 2015 at Russo’s Marina, Bethel Island, Ca. Tournament hours will be from 11:00am to 5:00pm on Saturday, September 12th and from safe light plus six hours on Sunday,
tfranceschi

Post by tfranceschi »

Catmantwo wrote:Bass Cat Owners tournament on the same date but:

The West Coast Bass Cat Owners invitational will take place the 12th and 13th of September, 2015 at Russo’s Marina, Bethel Island, Ca. Tournament hours will be from 11:00am to 5:00pm on Saturday, September 12th and from safe light plus six hours on Sunday,

Sorry, this is incorrect info... please see the below announcement:

"West Coast Bass Cat Owners,

It has come to our attention that on Saturday, September 12th there will be another event held out of Russo’s Marina and that event is the Don Lee Memorial Tournament. This event celebrates the life and dedication of an icon in the sport of bass fishing, and helps to build the future of bass fishing in the west.

Fifty percent of the Don Lee Memorial Tournament’s entries will go to the Don Lee College Scholarship Fund for the winners of the 2015 TBF California High School Championship and the other 50% will be paid back to the field.

The West Coast Bass Cat Owners Tournament will still be held and we have worked with the organizers of the Don Lee Memorial Tournament to come to a compromise that will allow both events to run smoothly and enable the Bass Cat Owners Event anglers to take advantage of both events. The following changes will take place:

1) On Saturday all Bass Cat Owners Event anglers will have the opportunity to enter both events by paying their fees to the Bass Cat Owners Event and the Don Lee Memorial Tournament (separate entry fees).

2) All Bass Cat Owners Event participants, whether entered in the Don Lee Memorial Tournament or not, will blast off with the Don Lee Memorial anglers in the morning and weigh in on the FLW/Don Lee Memorial stage in the afternoon of Day 1. However, only those entered in the Don Lee Memorial Tournament will be eligible to win prizes/money from the Don Lee event.

3) Bass Cat Owners Event participants weights will be carried into Sunday, the final competition day of the West Coast Bass Cat Owners Event. The Bass Cat Owners Event is a two day event with the total accumulated weight will determine the winners. Each team can weigh a 5 fish limit per day each fish being a minimum of 12 inches.

We have made these changes so our Bass Cat Owners will have the opportunity to fish both events and to encourage our Bass Cat Owners to support The Don Lee Memorial Event. It not only celebrates the life of a man that helped bass fishing flourish in the West but it also supports the future of our sport.

All the information and entry forms for the Bass Cat Owners Event can be found at http://www.boatmasters.com/tournaments/

All the information and entry forms for the Don Lee Memorial Tournament can be found at www.DonLeeMemorial.com"
Tony Franceschi
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

Thanks fer the updated info Tony! This is SO COOL, that two organizations can work together for one common cause and promote the growth of tournament and bass fishing in general. Our sport needs more compromises and willingness to work together, at all costs. Our tournament orgs should all take note of what these two individual groups have done with their events! Instead of always thinkin bout themselves and how they can beat the "other guy", work together as a united group to insure growth and enjoyment across all tournament platforms! Kudos guys! See ya the 12th, unfortunate fer me, Jen & I own a Phoenix, so we'll only be in the Don Lee side of the days events!
reddog

Post by reddog »

Totally agree Cooch. Nice to see this kind of cooperation. I do have 2 questions, 1 can I sign up day of the event?, 2 Who do I contact about donating for the raffle?
(406)224-3421
Andy
Safe and Easy Marine Care Products
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

We will be setting up in the afternoon on the 11th and will be there for sign ups at 4:30 a.m. on the 12th.

@reddog
If you have something that you would like to donate to the raffle you can contact Gary Bradford gary.bradford@flwfishing.com
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Reddog. I see no one responded to your questions. Holidays seem to have gotten in the way :)

Yes, you can sign up on the morning of the event. If you have something to donate, I can hook you up with Gary Bradford. He's running the Don Lee event. I'll be glad to help in any way. THX!!!!!
oldie but a goodie

Post by oldie but a goodie »

guys looking for partner for this I have boat, will pay all fees, I want to fish this, its for great cause, thanks steve adams
reddog

Post by reddog »

Got it Gary thanks for the help. See ya there? I assume so
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Reddog If I make it, please come by and say hello. I'm going to try and be there. It depends on a health issue with my leg. I can't fish for sure, but I hope to come and hangout. It'd be good to see everyone. Plus Don Lee did more for Bass Fishing in the west than any other single person. I hope to see everyone!!
reddog

Post by reddog »

Wow what a great tournament and for an even greater cause. Well done by everyone who put this event on and helped make it run so well. Great job by the sponsors of donating some fantastic products for the raffle, the hot links were delicious, and the crowd was fun and entertaining. Nice to fish a laid back event again. As always Kent did a great job calling the shots for the weigh in. I highly advise anyone looking for a fun event to fish during a pretty darn good time of year to be on the delta to make this one next year.
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

12002935_1056979741003388_8082061879039385796_n[1].jpg
11998932_1056979761003386_7340851307222626776_n[1].jpg
oldie but a goodie

Post by oldie but a goodie »

Toatally unbelievable tournament, and for great cause, it was great to see the flw crew out there, what a great job they did, and I have to say fishing was pretty darn good, will be there next year , thanks