Boat care products

phatbass

Boat care products

Post by phatbass »

Hello fellow bass fisherman. I just purchased a new fiberglass Bassboat and was hoping to get some suggestions for some good boat wipe down and cleaning products for it. I know that there are a lot of products out there but I wanted to know what you guys are using. Thanks in advance!
Phatbass.
Bruce Theriot

Re: Boat care products

Post by Bruce Theriot »

I've been using the Pro-tec products for about three years now and really like them. They make all the stuff you need to keep your new boat looking new. Only downside is you have to order it unless you're in the Salinas area. Nelson's Outboard Services carries it; 1-831-663-9322.
Newbassfisherman

Post by Newbassfisherman »

I use bass boat saver and like it. Use it every time I take the boat out of the water

Check out https://www.eagleone.com/boat-wax-as-u-dry. If you use the coupon code BASS you'll get a case for 20 which is a great deal

Congrats and good luck with the new boat
striper beater

Post by striper beater »

I usually dry it off and then use miracle mist. It waxes as you dry
Attachments
IMG_20151122_115543.jpg
IMG_20151122_115553.jpg
scott h

Post by scott h »

Phatbass, you are close to my area, check out Perigrine 250, not only do they make a top of the line boat detailer they also make a great hard water spot remover and an electronics lens cleaner, Three great products that have several other uses.
BUZZBAITS IN FEBRUARY!@#$%^&*(
phatbass

Post by phatbass »

Wow! Thanks for all the great info guys. Curious if anyone has tried any of the Boat Bling products?
J. Walker

Post by J. Walker »

Peregrine 250 is the best stuff out there, they have a full line of cleaners, hard water spot remover and electronic cleaners. Tackle warehouse sells it, very reasonable price compared to the rest. You will be happy!!!
ginodnjoe

Post by ginodnjoe »

The Peregrine products are great, I would highly recommend them. Also, a well kept secret that was given to me over 20 years ago is Lemon Pledge. I know it sounds rediculous but I'm here to tell you it works. Over the past 25 years I have run only 2 boats, an '89 ChampioN 201 DC and an '03 Skeeter ZX225. My Champion looked unbelievable for its age when I sold it and my Skeeter looks like a brand new boat. After every use I wipe the entire boat down with Lemon Pledge. It has to be the original Lemon Pledge or else you won't get the same results. It's an inexpensive alternative to some of the high dollar stuff and as I said it definitely works. Give it a try and post what you think.
03' Skeeter ZX225
reddog

Post by reddog »

Safe and Easy Boat Care products. The best period. Available at C&C marine, Hook line and sinker, Dans Delta, TW.
phatbass

Post by phatbass »

Cool. Thanks for all the great suggestions and keep them coming. I'm sure many boaters can benefit from everyone else's experiences with all the different products out there.
Tight lines.
blkdog812
Location: "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be

Post by blkdog812 »

gotta go with the safe and easy products. local bass guy too.
Never argue with an idiot; He'll beat you to death with stupidity.
I AM NOT SAYING THERE SHOULD BE CAPITAL PUNISHMENT FOR STUPIDITY,
BUT, WHY DON'T WE JUST TAKE THE SAFETY LABELS OFF OF EVERYTHING
AND LET THE PROBLEM SOLVE ITSELF?"