Fishing Gloves

slkric

Fishing Gloves

Post by slkric »

What are some favorite glove options?.....Keeping in mind warmth and function. Want to be able to cast and feel rod, yet stay warm.
Bassinlee

Re: Fishing Gloves

Post by Bassinlee »

After almost 40 years of fishing in winters, I've found that fleece GloMitts are the best option for me. They keep your hands warm even when soaking wet, and they flip back to expose your fingers when retying.
Fleece or wool works. I prefer Windstopper Fleece.
Fleece or wool works. I prefer Windstopper Fleece.
ken1117

Post by ken1117 »

Any Simms glove, hands down..LOL. They make several different models/types. Of course they are expensive, but you get what you pay for.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

If you use these Hot Hand warmers inside the palm of a blue nitrile glove (the kind the doctors use) you can use any brand of gloves over them and still keep your hands warm. The nitrile gloves keep the hand warmers dry, so they last all day.
http://stn3.headgap.com/hothands/FMPro? ... =hot&-find
I wear a pair of fingerless Glacier Gloves over the nitile/hand warmer combination, and a pair of wool fingerless gloves over both in really cold weather.
The nitrile gloves are meant to give doctors good dexterity, and they do the same for fishermen. Even if the tips get torn during a day of fishing, the palms will still keep the hand warmers dry and working.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Randy Walker

Post by Randy Walker »

Without a doubt... Wool gloves. They have them like the photo shown...mitten style that flip back to half fingers. The thumb has a slit as well... Super warm even when soaking wet.. Been using them for year and I have tried many types.. The wool is excellent.

Good luck

Randy
~ Thanks for the support ~
Walkers Brittanys
RBBASS
www.optimabatteries.com
www.outdoorproshops.com
www.lock-n-haul.com/
www.purefishing.com
Berkley Fishing
Abu Garcia
imalures.com
optimumbaits.com
The Rod Glove http://vrxfishing.com/
reddog

Post by reddog »

I have to say I've tried and I CAN'T fish in gloves. That said I bought the BPS 100 MPH gloves with the whole suit last year and the gloves are great for running around all day and getting things ready. Even with wet hands I can get them back on ok and I generally just take off the spooling hand to cast. That said I have a LOT of experience with wool clothing and COLD weather and can say without a doubt wool is the best overall due to the fact it doesn't get cold when wet. You can keep your hands warm even if they get soaked.
Dan Daniel

Post by Dan Daniel »

I use leather golf gloves. The leather helps hold the heat in and I can cast easily with them. I keep multiple pairs in the boat and change if they get wet but a lot of body temp kept in even when wet.
When I get ready to run I slip on fleece lined PVC mittens over the golf gloves, 100% wind / water proof.

Dan Daniel
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

Simms Pro Dry deliver
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

Filson's Merino Wool fingerless are some of the best, they come in around $40-50 a pair and are worth every penny! Filson also came out about 2 years ago with Buffalo Wool gloves. They are not near as tight fitting to yer hands, but the warmth is second to none and when raining, the water beads up and rolls off keeping the hands dry as well. These come in at around $90 a pair and will last a lot longer than normal wool knitted gloves. I actually will wear the tight fitting Merino's as layer one and the Buffalo pair over them on extreme cold, wet mornings and days when running. Both are extremely comfy and do their job!
Ross England

Post by Ross England »

Here is another vote for the Simms. Wife got them for me this Christmas because she knew I wouldn't spend the money. Outer pair protects when driving, inner pair covers pinky & ring finger, exposes only the tips of the middle, pointer, and thumb. A couple days in them already and they are the best I've used.

The hybrid style mentioned previously work well too, I have always had to take them off to retie knots. I think a lot of glove preference is based on your particular style of fishing.