Abu Garcia Reels ?

Skeeterman

Abu Garcia Reels ?

Post by Skeeterman »

Ive been a Diawa guy for years and Im thinking of useing Abu Garcia reels for just something differnt..For you guys that use Abus how do you like them?Thanks guys.
Levy

Re: Abu Garcia Reels ?

Post by Levy »

I love my ABU's. I have ST, STX's and premiers from all generations and none have let me down so far and all are still in my arsenal. I bought a few lew's last year and those seem to be doing the job as well.

Jon Levenson
kraetzer

Post by kraetzer »

Love my 5 revo sx. No issues and they are solid.
kraetzer

"I am ready to face any challenge that might be foolish enough to face me" - Dwight K. Schrute
toddmc

Post by toddmc »

Skeeterman wrote:Ive been a Diawa guy for years and Im thinking of useing Abu Garcia reels for just something differnt..For you guys that use Abus how do you like them?Thanks guys.
First, you can't be a DAIWA guy if you can't spell it. Second, what you speak is sacrilege. :lol:
WRB

Post by WRB »

When Abu Garcia started using parts made in China where there isn't any quality control or laws to prevent counterfeiting, the brand lost all credibility with me. The reels still have made in Sweden meaning some assembly on a few selected reels are "made in Sweden". If that doesn't bother you, then give them a try.
Daiwa, Shimano, Lews all have a few models made outside of Japan, they don't hide it.
Tom
TonyM

Post by TonyM »

I went the opposite direction. I'd been using Revos for years with relatively few problems. Switched to the Tatulas a couple years ago and very happy with the switch.
weekendbassangler

Post by weekendbassangler »

Love my Revos! Throw the SX and have had no problems with them at all.
There are always new places to go fishing. For any fisherman, there's always a new place, always a new horizon.

Jack Nicklaus
reddog

Post by reddog »

I have some CI4's on my spinning gear and I love them but I recently picked up a couple of the Revo SX models in the 30 size and I have to say they are great! They cast a mile and the SSSLLLLOOOWWW oscilation puts the line down nicely. On top of that, and I was shocked I'll admit, I really like the drag system almost better than my other spinners. There's NO click and tugging its just a really smooth pull.
weekendbassangler

Post by weekendbassangler »

reddog wrote:I have some CI4's on my spinning gear and I love them but I recently picked up a couple of the Revo SX models in the 30 size and I have to say they are great! They cast a mile and the SSSLLLLOOOWWW oscilation puts the line down nicely. On top of that, and I was shocked I'll admit, I really like the drag system almost better than my other spinners. There's NO click and tugging its just a really smooth pull.
Recent review of the New Revo Spinning Reels
http://www.scout.com/outdoors/wired2fis ... eel-review
There are always new places to go fishing. For any fisherman, there's always a new place, always a new horizon.

Jack Nicklaus
FISHIN

Post by FISHIN »

What Daiwa reels do you fish with?