Berkley BIG BASS Challenge - FAQ's

AnglersPress

Berkley BIG BASS Challenge - FAQ's

Post by AnglersPress »

RUSSO’S MARINA - The weekend of the Berkley Big Bass Challenge is almost here! This will truly be one of the most fun events ever to come to the west, and will be a great way to close out the season as we head into the long winter months. Fall is a great time to be fishing the California Delta, and with Berkley producing just about every style/type of bait there is, your chances of catching a BIG fish – using the type of baits you prefer, is virtually unlimited!

Here are some answers to FAQ’s, we have received regarding the event, which should help give everyone a better understanding of how things will work on this BIG FISH weekend:

Do I have to be a tournament angler to fish the event?

Absolutely not. This event is open to EVERYONE - beginner to advanced level, and you do not have to be a tournament angler to participate. Because the delta is a big fishery, it provides everyone with the opportunity to can catch a big fish and win some cash.

When/where can I register?

You can call (916)768-0938 and register via phone, or go to any Sac/Bay area tackle store, pick up an entry form and register by mail, OR you can register at Russo’s Marina on Friday, Oct 17th from 3-7pm. You can also register the day of the event at Russo’s Marina beginning at 4:00am. As there is no coordinated “blast-offâ€
thejerbs

Re: Berkley BIG BASS Challenge - FAQ's

Post by thejerbs »

So I assume since berkley makes jigs and you wanna fish a jig you have to use one of theirs, but I wanna know for sure. Could I use a different jig as long as I'm using a berkley trailer?

O' and Vince, this is jerry from San Jose, I spoke to you a few times and sent you an email. You haven't responded to it yet. Did you get it? Thanks.
[img]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b304/lobsteeze/putitdown.jpg[/img]
[url=http://www.bassturdz.com]bassturdz.com!!![/url]
Tin Can

Post by Tin Can »

Hey Jerbs, it says right there in the rules "The bait tied to the end of your line must be a berkely bait" So I assume that means you can't use another brand jig since the trailer won't be what is tied to the end of your line.

You fishing the Anderson tourney?
Randy Walker

Post by Randy Walker »

I heard as of today the entries are really low. Don't know if true or not, but say if only 125 folks enter, does that mean that the hourly payouts would only be half of what the flyer says? or is there something in place with berkley that will assure that at least the hourly payouts remain at what the flyer shows? I am pretty sure that all payouts would be based on a full 250 person field, but with Berkely being the sponsor, who knows.

just wondering...because I don't see how in the world this thing is going to draw 250 entries, unless about 75% of the FLW anglers stay to fish this event.
Phil

Post by Phil »

question and help . If I come alone, because the wife will be in Mississippi, is there any help in launching and take out, what time would I have to be there to launch, sign up and find a parking spot if possible, I have never been there ??

Jigs
Fast 492

Post by Fast 492 »

As long as you tie your line to the trailer you can use any jig you want!!!! :P :P :lol: :lol:
The only sport besides golf that you can only blame yourself !!!

Jason Bubier-Director
NorCal90 Fishing
WildWestBassTrail, CA
530-230-8868
530-589-2601
tunaman

Post by tunaman »

Uhm... does Berkley make hooks??? Shakey heads? Jig heads? Not familiar with them if they do.

Roger
Randy Walker

Post by Randy Walker »

They make 3 styles of jigs. Finess, football and flippn. I don't think that they make hooks, weights and that kind of stuff. I believe that you may use any terminal tackle that you want, which I think includes shaky heads. The best thing to do is look on there site..
berkley-fishing.com and you can see all of there product.

Walker
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

Brand New Jigs. <== click here
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Randy Walker

Post by Randy Walker »

jigs,

Any time that I have attended an event of this size, there has always been help at the ramp by either staff or even other anglers are willing to help you out. I know that registration starts at 4am on Saturday morning, and you don't have to really worry about parking. The main parking lot at the bottom of the ramp fills up pretty quik but they have the dry berth area and overflow lot right across the road from the ramp that can hold a huge number of vehs and trailers, along with golf cart shuttles so you don't have to foot it back to the ramp. They really run a top notch deal there, I think that you would not to worry to much.
Fast 492

Post by Fast 492 »

Jigs, I will be fishing, if you want, we can hook up and I will be glad to put you in the water. I don't know what time yet, but we can talk about it later if you want. Jason
The only sport besides golf that you can only blame yourself !!!

Jason Bubier-Director
NorCal90 Fishing
WildWestBassTrail, CA
530-230-8868
530-589-2601
myrtle

Post by myrtle »

use a berkley snap then then attach jig?
kb

Post by kb »

Jigs

There will be plenty of help to get you launced and parked. Just come out and fish with us.

kb
justin lucas

Post by justin lucas »

you guys might want to try punching a 3" or 4" chigger craw if you are looking for big bass :)
Phil

Post by Phil »

Thanks guys for your help............now let me understand. I should clean out all baits out of my boat before I come to the Delta except Berkley baits correct, then there is no reason to think I would use any other bait. Correct ??

Thanks again

Jigs
Randy Walker

Post by Randy Walker »

Jigs,

You actually don't have to take all tackle out of your boat, they are just going to be checking live wells like normal, at least that's what it says in the first post above. Since you can't use anything else, you may want to take everything out anyhow, you may save a little gas with not as much weight in the boat... :wink:

Walker