Weather Change and the effects on fish?

Jason C.

Weather Change and the effects on fish?

Post by Jason C. »

Hey Everyone,
I fished the delta Yesterday(Thursday)and today(Friday) Both days I stayed inside piper. Both days I launched between 10:30am-11:30am. The weather yesterday was tons of overcast with close to constant rain with some peroids of time when it came down pretty well. Today the overcast kinda went away and so did the rain. Yesterday I had a pretty good day in the rain just jigg'in the outside pileings on the docks with my best 5 being 12.12lbs. Today I did the same thing at the same time and I only caught two fish! And only one was was a keeper of about 1lb. My question is what should I have done out of the slection of baits I had(besides move) to get them to bite and why should I have used it? My selection of baits was:
different color or sized jig, t-rig crank or blade, chatterbait, top water, and very few drop shot worms.

PM's could help if you dont want others reading your info because of the TOC this weekend or any other tournaments comeing up. Thanks for any help!
Winning Isn't Everything...But Wanting To IS!
Tight Lines, Jason C.
jasonconser@yahoo.com 925-727-4077
[color=orange] www.dobynsrods.com [/color]
[color=blue] www.inland-marine.com [/color]
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Re: Weather Change and the effects on fish?

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

Jason, I am going to let you in on a secret,,If you had caught fish on both days, you have it all figured out and should turn pro..By realizing what worked one day but was not working the second, you should also turn pro..Now the big question is what should I have done differently to get what I got the day before..If you knew the answers then you would be a pro..I know what I have said may not make a ton (if any) sense, but think about it..You had a decent day (not great) and the next day using the same tactics and techniques you virtually do nothing, even though the environment seems to be the same, or at least close..You were working docks and pilings, but just a subtle weather change may move the fish..They might be farther beneath the docks, or farther away..The only way you can determine this is by trying both areas..You try both with no results, then you know you have to try something else..What, is left to your own imagination and experience..I have been fishing for bass for well over 40 years, and I can say I do not have the answer..Other than to tell you to try something else or somewhere else or at a different time..Are you always hungry at precisely 12 noon, is a hamburger always a temptation..Aren't there a few times when fried chicken would be a better choice or lets wait till one and see what the roach coach has on special..What makes you think bass are all that much different..They get hungry, they want to eat..Sometimes, just like with us, a great meal comes along and you just cannot turn it down..Even though you are not really hungry..

mac
Take a kid fishing, and don't forget about us older kids either..