What in the Wide Wide Underwater World did I Capture?

Moderators: Triton Mike, Doug Vahrenberg

Doug Vahrenberg

What in the Wide Wide Underwater World did I Capture?

Post by Doug Vahrenberg »

Here's an interesting image can you tell what I captured with my Humminbird Side Imaging?

Skeeter, Yamaha, MinnKota, Humminbird, Dobyns, LakeMaster, Transducer Shield & Saver, LuckyCraft, Daiwa, Dave's Custom Baits, OMEGA Tackle, Elite Tungsten, Angler Innovation, Massey Ferguson
Madbasser

Re: What in the Wide Wide Underwater World did I Capture?

Post by Madbasser »

Looks like some barge or dock anchors (the concrete blocks) got pulled, moved or dragged by a weather system or possible collision. Then later they got reset back into position.

Now the bright white streak on the right side is interesting, must be a large fish or aquatic reptile, traveling at the same speed as the boat and in the same direction. I don't think its a cable, the return is just too strong. :?:
Doug Vahrenberg

Re: What in the Wide Wide Underwater World did I Capture?

Post by Doug Vahrenberg »

That is correct! This was a floating Dock in the Muskogee Harbor on the Arkansas River. The Square Blocks are Concrete Anchors and if you look close can see the stell cables attached to them. One thing that is interesting is the bottom anchor that dragged you can see a depression like where it was dropped into the water and made a crater then was dragged under the dock. On the Right you can see the big dock and if you look there are some fish suspended under neath of the dock. There are a few larger fish on the left side and some bait supsended in the water column.

Hope this helps your learn more about your Humminbird SIde Imaging unit.

Skeeter, Yamaha, MinnKota, Humminbird, Dobyns, LakeMaster, Transducer Shield & Saver, LuckyCraft, Daiwa, Dave's Custom Baits, OMEGA Tackle, Elite Tungsten, Angler Innovation, Massey Ferguson