Which side???

Moderators: Triton Mike, Doug Vahrenberg

Doug Vahrenberg

Which side???

Post by Doug Vahrenberg »

Here is a Humminbird Down Imaging Image. Can you tell which side the trees are on under the boat?

Skeeter, Yamaha, MinnKota, Humminbird, Dobyns, LakeMaster, Transducer Shield & Saver, LuckyCraft, Daiwa, Dave's Custom Baits, OMEGA Tackle, Elite Tungsten, Angler Innovation, Massey Ferguson
Doug Vahrenberg

Re: Which side???

Post by Doug Vahrenberg »

Underside was the correct answer....Just like when people ask me where to fish? In the water is the best place I've found. That eliminates 1/3 of the earths surface :roll: Side Imaging eliminates alot of the rest :thumb up2:

Now back to serious part of this discussion. What I'm trying to teach here is that Down Imaging is like 2D traditional sonar. It covers a specified area and all the data in that area are compiled together in a single view. Now QuadraBeam Sonar and Side Imaging has unique features because they not only tell you whats under boat but also to which side they are. Isn't it easier to make a cast to fish if you know which side they are on?

Here is the Side Imaging of the above image:

Is it easier to tell which side of the transducer you need to be casting to if you wanted to fish.

Skeeter, Yamaha, MinnKota, Humminbird, Dobyns, LakeMaster, Transducer Shield & Saver, LuckyCraft, Daiwa, Dave's Custom Baits, OMEGA Tackle, Elite Tungsten, Angler Innovation, Massey Ferguson