Your Team

Sports talk forum
DL

Your Team

Post by DL »

How did you become a fan of "your" team(s)? Did you grow up in the city? Did your dad or grandfather lead you to them? Did a big underdog win years ago bring you on board? Or are you a bandwagon fan that jumped on board when the team was in the middle of a run to a title? :shock:

My allegiances are tied to three teams, and yes they are in particular order:

1. Husker Football
-Entire family is from there, and still live in the state. I have been a fan since i could walk.
2. California Angels
-Fan since little league baseball in the 70's, lived and died with the Halos until they broke thru in 2002.
3. LA Kings
-I will admit it was when Gretzky showed up in 1988, but I didn't jump ship when Disney turned a movie into a team...

PS. I will be at the Big A tonight watching Lester get torched :twisted:
"Feel the steel"
buddy brown

Re: Your Team

Post by buddy brown »

Born in Chicago on the northside:

Cub fan ever since I can remember and when I moved here they had wgn so I could still follow the team and have been suffering and scratching my head ever since.

Also a life long Bears fan. My earliest memory of the Bears were Walter Payton's rookie years. What an badazz payton was

Lived in Manhattan nyc for a better part of the 90's and followed the knicks (bricks) in their hey dey. I remember Patrick Ewing's brick heard round the world. Great sports town.. Went to many yankee and Met games. Lived in the bar district and got polluted on a reg. basis.

I would have to say baseball is the sport I like watching the most. I think I could sit through the KC royals vs. oakland A's
Lake

Post by Lake »

Cool Topic. I was born in Az. moved to nor Cal at 16.I have been a fan of most of the teams there.

ASU, Suns and Cardinals mostly, i am not much of a baseball fan at all.

I am also a Broncos fan as I followed Jake Plummer from ASU to the Cards then to the Broncos. Kinda got stuck as a Bronco fan even after he retired. So I am a NFC Cardinal fan and AFC Bronco fan.

Not a Coyotes fans since they didnt go to Phoenix until after I left and had already become a Sharks fan.

NEXT
ns nitro

Post by ns nitro »

Lakers, Oakland A's, and the great 49ers. A's were my first little league team so I stayed loyal.

My neighbor got me into the Lakers and 49ers when I was about 9 and we shared many great seasons together as fans. Unfortunately I lost him last year to Lou Gherigs. I will cherish those moments together as friends and loyal fans! Nate
www.basschow.com
www.p-line.com
www.snapon.com
some guy

Post by some guy »

Born and raised in the mean streets of Anacrime...

Angels and Lakers since day 1 thanks to my pops.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
DL

Post by DL »

some guy wrote:Born and raised in the mean streets of Anacrime...

Angels and Lakers since day 1 thanks to my pops.
So that's where you got your street cred... I move to Anaheim from Yorba Linda 2 years ago because I needed more street cred. Now guys are scared to encroach on me on the water :P That little strip of Anaheim between Yorba Linda and the 91 freeway is terrifying :lol: :lol:
"Feel the steel"
ns nitro

Post by ns nitro »

DL just wait till Hippie encroaches on you!!! :D He's from Buena Park!!! HAHAHAHA :twisted: Nate
www.basschow.com
www.p-line.com
www.snapon.com
DL

Post by DL »

ns nitro wrote:DL just wait till Hippie encroaches on you!!! :D He's from Buena Park!!! HAHAHAHA :twisted: Nate
I can see his pink thong from miles away...I'll be long gone before he gets close :lol: :shock:
"Feel the steel"
ns nitro

Post by ns nitro »

Did he get a new one??? The last one was a little black number with tiny hand cuffs on the front??? :shock: :shock: Nate
www.basschow.com
www.p-line.com
www.snapon.com
some guy

Post by some guy »

I work in BP. I lived with a few buddies in BP too. Straight ghetto.

I live on the border of BP and Anaheim.. not no 91 Freeway Yorba Linda ish DL. When I fuel the boat up in the morning I am always greeted by a few crack heads. It adds a level of excitement to your day.

For Instance on the way into the office today I saw 4 tweekers on 10 speeds at 5am, a bum fight and a random black dude on the corner high out of his mind screaming about how god hates us all. :lol:

Its funny driving through the ghetto towing a Champion. People def dont see a bass boat around here very often.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
ns nitro

Post by ns nitro »

John, why the hell dont you have a dash cam???????? That would be solid gold to see early in the am after sortin through green worms!!!! Get on it ASAP!!!! :D Nate
www.basschow.com
www.p-line.com
www.snapon.com
some guy

Post by some guy »

We talked about that all the time.. a truck cam and a boat cam. The chit that goes down is pure comedy.
Create your own luck.

><> John Curry <><
Greg_Cornish

Post by Greg_Cornish »

Born into a family of 9 in a town of 350 people in southern MN in '47. since Minnesota didn't have their own team until 1961 we were packers fan's. I'll never forget when instant replay came into use. Bart Star handed off the Jim Taylor at the goal line and he fumbled the ball. My Uncle jumped up off the rocker and yelled, "Lookit that dumb son of a bitch, he dropped the ball on the 1 yard line." He turned around to sit down and the instant replay came on. Never hearing of this new filming technique he jumped up and screamed, "That asshole did it again!"

We all laughed until we had tears in our eyes and explained IR to him.

Then in 1961 we built Metropolitan Stadium where the play was colder that Green Bay and Green Bay and Chicago lost a huge fan base.

The Vikings are the first and only expansion team to ever win their first game defeating the Chicago Bears 37–13 on Opening Day 1961. Tarkenton came off the bench to throw four touchdown passes and run for another to lead the upset.

Off course since it was the Chicago Bears I don't know if it really counts.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet, is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
DL

Post by DL »

ns nitro wrote:Did he get a new one??? The last one was a little black number with tiny hand cuffs on the front??? :shock: :shock: Nate
I think he owns five or six :shock:
"Feel the steel"
DL

Post by DL »

"That asshole did it again!"
That's funny right there!
"Feel the steel"
ns nitro

Post by ns nitro »

MATCHING SETS!!!!!!! :twisted: Nate