In 2006 and beyond, BASS plans to grow Federation Nation membership at the state, national and international levels by improving communication and member service, offer more funding for Conservation and more support for youth and education. In all, this will create a more rewarding experience for Federation Nation members.
In this year alone, BASS will offer Federation Nation members benefits and exposure valued at nearly $4 million, including television and magazine exposure, conservation and youth programs and BASS INSIDER, a special membership level not offered before.
A New Kind of Competition
In 2007, new Bass Club competition will be held between Federation Nation six-angler Bass Club teams in each state. During the season, each state will send six Bass Club teams to one of 10 regional championships in the nation.
The top six teams at each of the regional championships will move on to the new BASS Federation Nation Bass Club World Championship. The winning team receives a fully-rigged Triton boat with Mercury Outboard for each member, for a value of $250,000.
While the current BASS Federation tournament structure will remain in tact this year, BASS will enhance the trail in 2007 by allowing all state and international Federations to qualify their champion for the BASS Federation Championship and will pay the travel expenses for each contender and his spouse.
In addition to receiving highly coveted berths in the CITGO Bassmaster Classic, the six Federation Championship winners will also be awarded paid entry fees into his choice of either the CITGO Bassmaster Northern or Southern Tour.
BASS will realign the Federation Divisional tournaments into 10 regions, allowing every Federation Nation club the opportunity to compete at a new level of competition that rewards club performance. Under this format, 200 percent more anglers from each state will compete and they will do so in smaller fields, making higher-level competition more affordable than ever before.
Delivering More Value
Going forward, BASS Federation Nation members will receive the following additional benefits:
- BASS INSIDER membership
- A specially designed Federation Nation section on BASS INSIDER
- Bassmaster University discounts
- Eligibility into the ESPN Outdoors Bassmaster Series bonus program
- Eligibility into the Field Tester Program
- Fundraising opportunities, including a membership bounty program and a merchandise rebate on products sold - BASS STUFF merchandise discounts and more
- Enhanced cash payouts and paid entry fees to the winners of the BASS Federation Championship
“The Federation Nation will share a common bond, a common goal, a fraternal feel and a vested interest in growing the sport,” said Don Rucks, BASS vice president and general manager.
Conservation and Youth
The Federation Nation also will have:
- A Stewardship Program linked to the National Fish Habitat Action Plan
- A Conservation College Scholarship Program, awarding seven scholarships annually that total $17,000
- A minimum of $50,000 nationally to state chapters for Conservation efforts annually
- A BASS Conservation Action Support Team (CAST)
- A youth program including a subscription to Junior Bassmaster magazine and the Master Angler Program
- A Walt Disney World celebration for the two Junior Bassmaster world champions
Enhanced Member Service
Member service will play a major role in the Federation Nation in 2006 and beyond. It will include: - A new member service program, including extended service hours and trained BASS representatives to answer questions
- Travel assistance for Federation Nation state champions and spouses to the BASS Federation Nation Championship
- Travel assistance for Junior World Championship contenders, which will mirror the CastingKids contenders travel assistance and equals a more than $100,000 commitment to Federation Nation families
For the complete list of benefits and additions to the BASS Federation Nation, please visit www.bassmaster.com
BASS is the worldwide authority on bass fishing, sanctioning more than 20,000 events through the BASS Federation annually. Guided by its mission to serve all fishing fans, BASS sets the standard for credibility, professionalism, sportsmanship and conservation, as it has for nearly 40 years.
BASS stages bass fishing tournaments for every skill level and culminates with the CITGO Bassmaster Classic. Through its clubs, youth programs, aquatic resource advocacy, magazine publishing and multimedia platforms, BASS offers the industry’s widest array of services and support to its nearly 550,000 members. The organization is headquartered in Celebration, Fla.
For more information, contact BASS Communications at (407) 566-2208 or visit www.bassmaster.com.