We want to continue to raise the profiles of professional redfish anglers by providing more and better tournaments for all of the fishermen and women who are the foundation of this sport.
We especially want to increase the rewards for those of you who have made the commitment to fish all of our regular-season Oh Boy! Oberto Redfish Cup presented by frogg toggs events. Included in those rewards is a $75,000 first place prize, up from $50,000, in the no-entry fee Oh Boy! Oberto Redfish Cup Championship.
In addition, in 2006 we will hold our first Redfish Cup All Stars event for a limited field of elite teams.
And to take it even a step further, the Redfish Nation has created the new Redfish Nation Series presented by Academy Sports and Outdoors. This new series will offer six two-day tournaments (three in the Triton Western Division and three in the Mercury Eastern Division) with a guaranteed first place prize of $15,000 at each event. The top five teams from each tournament will advance to the Redfish Nation Series Championship for a chance to win a first place prize package worth $35,000. In addition, the top team from each division at the RFN Series Championship will earn a spot in the 2006 Oh Boy! Oberto Redfish Cup Championship.
Here are some details on the Oh Boy! Oberto Redfish Cup presented by frogg toggs and the Redfish Nation Series presented by Academy Sports and Outdoors:
• As a participant in the Oh Boy! Oberto Redfish Cup and the new Redfish Nation Series you can share in more than $1 million in prize money.
• More than 14 hours of television coverage on ESPN2, bringing the anglers and your sponsors into millions of living rooms across the country and around the world.
• A guaranteed $40,000 top prize in every Redfish Cup event.
• An opportunity to qualify for the no-entry fee Oh Boy! Oberto Redfish Cup Championship with a $75,000 first place prize.
• A guaranteed $15,000 top prize for every Redfish Nation Series event.
• A chance to qualify for the first-ever Redfish Cup All Stars tournament, a made-for-television event that will highlight an elite field of redfish anglers on ESPN2.
• Unprecedented coverage in the new and exciting Redfish Nation Magazine, a publication dedicated entirely to redfish anglers, and the official website of the tour www.RedfishCup.com
• No sponsor restrictions. We know you need to reward the companies that support your tournament efforts and we want you to represent them as best you can.
If you can fish all five regular-season events you will be eligible to qualify for the Oh Boy! Oberto Redfish Cup Championship. That event will award a whopping $75,000 to the winners, currently the largest cash payout in tournament redfishing.
Even if you can't fish all five events, there is a place for you in the Cup in 2006. We understand that a lot of teams couldn't fish the Redfish Cup in past seasons because they couldn't fish all of the events. Regular season tournaments in 2006 will be all-inclusive, offering opportunities for teams that can't fish all events to participate if fields are not full.
2006 Oh Boy! Oberto Redfish Cup presented by frogg toggs
April 6 - 8: Clearwater, Florida
May 11 - 13: Punta Gorda, Florida
June 8 - 10: Kemah, Texas
August 17 - 19: Port Aransas, Texas
August 31 - September 2: New Orleans, Louisiana
Oh Boy! Oberto Redfish Cup Championship: TBA
Oh Boy! Oberto Redfish Cup All Stars: TBA
September 28 - 30: MAKE-UP DATE
2006 Redfish Nation Series presented by Academy Sports + Outdoors
Mercury Eastern Division
March 4 - 5: Clearwater, Florida
March 25 - 26: Fort Myers, Florida
August 12 - 13: Jacksonville, Florida
Triton Western Division
March 11 - 12: Rockport, Texas
July 1 - 2: Galveston, Texas
August 5 - 6: Corpus Christi, Texas
* All venues and dates subject to change
Registration Teams may register for events online at www.RedfishCup.com/registration or by calling 888-698-2591.
Priority Registration Dates
January 16th: Open entry for teams fishing all (5) five Oh Boy! Oberto Redfish Cup events, deposit is entire entry fee for last event and a $200 deposit on remaining events, TOTAL = $1,800
January 23rd: Open entry for teams fishing (4) four Redfish Cup events, deposit is entire entry fee for the last event for which you are registered and a $200 deposit on remaining events, TOTAL = $1,600
January 30th: Open entry for teams fishing (3) three Redfish Cup events, deposit is entire entry fee for the last event for which you are registered and a $200 deposit on remaining events, TOTAL = $1,400
February 6th: Open entry for teams fishing (2) two Redfish Cup events, deposit is entry fee for the two events for which you are registered, TOTAL = $2,000
More Information can be found by visiting www.RedfishNation.com