??'s about Diamond Valley

Pete Marino

??'s about Diamond Valley

Post by Pete Marino »

Guy and I will be heading out to DV this weekend for the 1st time and I wanted to know what I need to bring in terms of regs. I heard we would need a gas receipt from 76, a red flag, a throw cushion, and a fire extinguisher. Is that correct??? Some or all of it? Somebody please fill me in. Thanks in advance. Pete Marino

PS hows the bite??
DL

Re: ??'s about Diamond Valley

Post by DL »

You also need to sacrifice the rights to your first born, there is no smoking, no peeing in the lake, no speeding(25 mph limit), if the wind blows hard for over 30 minutes they close the lake, and last but not least....Look for the Grovers and follow them around.(or either one of the Uribes.) Har!!

As for the bite, I would not know since my 2 stroke is on restriction from DV and Skinner so I am confined to the other impoundments. Matt at BWW was there last weekend and got 'em pretty good...try him.

DL
kevin linehan

Post by kevin linehan »

Have a gas receipt just in case but that's about it. More important-watch your speed out there. Don't get caught pissing in the lake by the lake patrol. There's a ridiculous amount of security driving around the lake that's always watching from afar. I'll see you out there! The bite is pretty good.
Robert S

No Gas Receipt needed

Post by Robert S »

No MTBE's in anybodies fuel anymore.

PS those were my fish that Matt caught.

I'll be there Friday and Saturday.
Brian Linehan

Post by Brian Linehan »

First thing you will have to do is get the boat inspected at the gate. They will want to make sure that your engine is in compliance with their rules and regulations. Once they are done, they will put a little yellow sticker on your boat and that's how they know you are registered in the future.

Don't worry about a gas receipt. They haven't checked those in over a year. In addition, don't worry about anything else like whistles, throw cushions, etc. They aren't as anal as places like Puddingstone and Perris.

DO bring your fishing licenses because they do have DFG checking all of the time. Also, DO NOT take a leak in the water. These people who work at the lake are CONSTANTLY driving around the lake watching for anything out of the ordinary. Seriously Pete/Guy, piss in a bottle. I've seen the patrol glassing boats from across the lake before. I've been told that if they catch you in the act, they will ban you.....for LIFE!

Anyways, it's a great lake. I've been out there 3 days a week for the last 2 months and the bite is good. It's good for quality, but not exactly great for 30-40 fish days right now. Don't let the new lake intimidate you. Just fish it like Perris and you guys will have a great time. In fact, I'm going to go on record now and say that you guys will forget about that sh+thole Perris after you go to DV. Why do you think Kev and I don't fish the Perris tournaments anymore. BORING!

I'll be out there Fri, Sat, and Sun. See you there. Good luck!
Pete Marino

Very cool.. Thanks guys!

Post by Pete Marino »

What about the red flag thing.true..not true??
We'll see you guys there probably. We'll be at the ramp at sunrise. Pete Marino
Ray L

Hey Pete

Post by Ray L »

first you wait in line below the gate and then they let you go to the gate and pay....Boat check for you was at the gate on thurs. when I was there and we did not go to the gate until6:30 am.
Good luck,
Ray L.
Pete Marino

Re: Hey Pete

Post by Pete Marino »

"boat check for you was on thurs"??? Want do you mean by that..HUH????
Pete Marino

Post by Pete Marino »

Call me slow or stupid or whatever but I dont understand anything you wrote Ray. Please elaborate>Pete
PS Puddingstone nights are coming..its gonna be a blast. See you there!
Ray L.

Post by Ray L. »

I am talking about D.V.L. I was there on thur.and am telling you what went on
Guy Williams

Post by Guy Williams »

Cool, I get to piss in the live well and row the damm boat. Guess what, also I'm taking a drop-shot rod too. Alhell the world is comming to an end. Heard if I see a kangaroo rat I need to kill it also. I need a beer! Make that a pack of beer, 12 or 24? 24!!!! Do I need a note from mommy too? Can we use lead weights? If no one's around and a bass jumps out of the water does it make a sound? Is a carp smarter than a bass? Has anyone seen nemo? How about waldo? If a chuck chucks wood will it crap out splinters?
Guy Williams(Is it friday yet?)
Pete Marino

Guy... have you lost your freaking mind!!!! *NM*

Post by Pete Marino »