ALL Boat owners NEED to watch this!

Drmroneal

ALL Boat owners NEED to watch this!

Post by Drmroneal »

The majority of boat owners skip this step and it could save you THOUSANDS! Check it out. What do you think?

monte300

Re: ALL Boat owners NEED to watch this!

Post by monte300 »

Back in the early eighties my dad and I started bass fishing and our first boat was a 16' tri-hull with a 55HP Chrysler outboard. We added a trolling motor, swivel seats, depth finder and an ice chest livewell to make it as much like a bass boat as we could. The motor had no tilt trim and the motor was in the up position via a bracket when we trailered the boat. We arrive at Woodward Reservoir launch ramp early one morning and I'm unhooking the front strap. All of a sudden I hear my dad scream because the outboard bracket gave way and his hand was pinned between the motor and the transom. After I lifted the motor to free him, he was cut severely on the top of his hand, opposite his palm. Needless to say there was plenty of blood and after we wrapped his hand in a clean towel I drove him to an emergency clinic in Oakdale to get him sewn up. We left Oakdale and headed home to San Jose and about 15 miles down the freeway we looked at each other and said "did you hook the front of the boat"? I pulled the rig over and sure enough in all the excitement I forgot to reapply the front hook and the boat had slipped about 6" back on the trailer. The good news is my dad's hand healed up fine with no permanent damage. I damn near passed out from adrenaline as I was driving him to get help. I wish this were the only mishap I've had, but there have been others less serious.