Any bites @ Coyote last couple weeks?

BassinRob!

Any bites @ Coyote last couple weeks?

Post by BassinRob! »

Last time I went out to Coyote was 5 weeks ago. Fished the South Side. No bites :(

Any one fished it recently? How's the water qulity?

Thanks in advance :)

-BassinRob!
Miket

Re: Any bites @ Coyote last couple weeks?

Post by Miket »

Rob I fished it twice about 5 weeks ago also and got skunked. I went out last Sunday with a buddy and I stuck a 3lb'er on a yellow blade on my 2nd cast. Then caught a rainbow on a crankbait around 11am. Missed alot of fish on a dropshot rig and these were really small bass. Hit Hit nothing...

I took the day off Wednesday and shot out there at first light. I caught one bass at 10am on a dropshot that was 7" long. Missed alot of small fish again on the dropshot which were small fish by the way they were hitting it.

I tried everything and only had that one fish. I will not hit Coyote again for a good month.

Mike
BassinRob!

Post by BassinRob! »

Thanks Mike :)

Hopefully soon they'll be coming out to play. I'm still looking for my first fish over 5 lbs. I heard Coyote was a bass factory. Did you fish north or south side of the lake?

Tight lines!

BassinRob!
Miket

Post by Miket »

Fished the whole lake. Spent time in the north, south, east and west. Shallow deep etc... Give it a month, heh.

Mike
CZ

Post by CZ »

Hey guys I wouldn't consider coyote a bass factory, its more like a little pond that gets stocked with trout and the guys that are talented enough with the big swimbaits that replicate the trout are able to get some big fish which makes a lot of noise by people talking about their catches. If your really trying to catch a toad at coyote, you can't be tossing everything at them to see what they want to bite you need to get a swimbait and chuck it all day for days until you get bites and start figuring out those fish. If you really want to get your first fish over five dude just go to the delta its only a matter of time till you get one to bite.

I too used to go out to coyote every once in awhile, till I learned more about that Lake. It's just a hard place to fish, so don't beat yourself up cause your not sticking toads like some people.
bassbones

Post by bassbones »

>Hey Rob,,,,
I lived in Gilroy for 20 years and have fished that lake from front to back. If you want to know when and where to catch a fish over 5 e-mail me. My and my partner have had 35 for 5 fish on many a trip. I can tell you the exact tree, creek chanel, rock etc....and not on swim baits either.
Bassbones

Hey guys I wouldn't consider coyote a bass
> factory, its more like a little pond that
> gets stocked with trout and the guys that
> are talented enough with the big swimbaits
> that replicate the trout are able to get
> some big fish which makes a lot of noise by
> people talking about their catches. If your
> really trying to catch a toad at coyote, you
> can't be tossing everything at them to see
> what they want to bite you need to get a
> swimbait and chuck it all day for days until
> you get bites and start figuring out those
> fish. If you really want to get your first
> fish over five dude just go to the delta its
> only a matter of time till you get one to
> bite.

> I too used to go out to coyote every once in
> awhile, till I learned more about that Lake.
> It's just a hard place to fish, so don't
> beat yourself up cause your not sticking
> toads like some people.