WildDog3

Any reports from today 11/11?

Post by WildDog3 »

Any reports?
Thanks
DeltaDan

Re: Any reports from today 11/11?

Post by DeltaDan »

It was slow today -- Much like last Saturday.

Biggest up to #14 .... Rest were #6 down to all legal schoolies for the others today.

Gona try a new area tommrow with my old work partner that just came back home. :D
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

[b]Team LL [/b] (2006 ~ And Beyond !! )
RichThiel

Post by RichThiel »

alot of action on the NE corner of Franks, BLew the "O" rings out of two spooks.

Rich Thiel
Guide on the California Delta and Lake Berryessa for Largemouth, Smallmouth and Spots. Teach all known techniques with up to date artificial baits.

www.calbassguide.com ,

Best 5 over 7lbs for 09
1- 8lb 3oz
2- 10.73
3- 9.06
4-
5-
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

RichThiel wrote:alot of action on the NE corner of Franks, BLew the "O" rings out of two spooks. Rich Thiel
Hey Rich! Use a REAL Spook, you won't have that problem! HAR! HAR! HAR!

JustinD

Post by JustinD »

I should post the picutre of the slatwater tackle I've been using. Why not the famed Punker Cooch? I love that bait. The slow gliding kills them.
LL South
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

JustinD wrote:I should post the picutre of the slatwater tackle I've been using. Why not the famed Punker Cooch? I love that bait. The slow gliding kills them.
I value my $49 Punkers WAY too much to serve them up to these bait destroying giants!!!!!!!!! This Super Magnum Spook has a greater glide distance than the Punker, yet the Punker makes that very unique Toosh sound when ya dig it on the initial glide. Both baits are awesome topwater baits. Yet when I'm out there striper fishing, I'm making extremely long casts, that Punker gets caught up in my braided line way too much when making so many long casts and fouls the retrieve. I never have that problem with this Super Mag Spook, unless a striper knocks the bait and misses it causing it to tangle.

Right now though, I've switched to the Big Pencil Poppers. That bait mimicks the stripers thrashing the shad on the surface far better than the Punker or Spook. I've began to catch a lot more topwater fish the past two weeks on the PP versus the Spook. Like the Mag Spook, that pencil Popper is designed for big saltwater game fishing, so the rings and hooks are less likely to fail versus other baits we black bass fishermen tend to use for stripers. I've just learned over the years here from listening too and talking with Bobby, as well as my own personal experience, you really have to take it up another notch in yer terminal equiptment when chasing these fish on a daily basis like we are right now! They will destroy our day to day black bass terminal equiptment in no time, if'n ya don't!
JustinD

Post by JustinD »

I feel ya I have had a few destroyed punkers in the past few weeks. I too switched to Cordell and the up sized hooks/rings ect. and the rattle just drove them crazy. Lots of biggin's this year. I just haven't had the problem with the hooks fouling the line with the punkers though.
LL South
ugly stick

Post by ugly stick »

Hey justin and cooch what size hook are you using on the pencil popper?
DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

Bite sucked egg's today !! :evil:

Full Moon and EarthQuake Weather today .... Not even birds to be found out there - save for some schoolies on SB's.

I sort of expect it to be that was for a spell ........ Till I get off of work again~ Tuesday morning hopefully ! :D
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

[b]Team LL [/b] (2006 ~ And Beyond !! )
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

I leave the stock hooks on the PPs, they work just fine, but ya gotta put a file to em ever now and then ta keep em sharp.
ugly stick

Post by ugly stick »

Thanks.
BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER

Post by BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER »

On PP's,, I switch the hooks out to 1/0 superline gammy's....... I used to use 2/0 gammy (regular strenth) but straitened too many out........ I just don't have any 2/0 superline hooks to use,, but I like that size better

the only drawback to PP's is the plastic body itself is kinda thin and can crack or split at the seems... I destroy a few baits every fall..... It usually happens when I have a thrashin striper at the boat and I grab the bait trying to avoid gettin a handfull of trebles........... I had a few that just broke completely in half,, there usually well used baits by then anyhow.....there cheap enough so it's no biggee