Any striper action this past weekend?

Hitman

Any striper action this past weekend?

Post by Hitman »

I was itching to get out with the cooler weather and rain but couldn't.

any action to report from this past weekend?

Hitman
Hitman

Fish Hard Films
RichThiel

Re: Any striper action this past weekend?

Post by RichThiel »

Went out for 3 hrs and just threw Zara Spooks, Pencil Poppers, and Lunker Punkers,

Zara Spook, 4 fish 4lb'er and a 5-6lber 2 smaller fish
Pencil P 4 fish all small
Lunker Punker 3 fish 2 keepers and 1 dink had 5-6 hits or swirles that didn't hit it.

Rich
Guide on the California Delta and Lake Berryessa for Largemouth, Smallmouth and Spots. Teach all known techniques with up to date artificial baits.

www.calbassguide.com ,

Best 5 over 7lbs for 09
1- 8lb 3oz
2- 10.73
3- 9.06
4-
5-
spanky99

Post by spanky99 »

We smoked'em in Sherman. All schoolie sized but on average were about 4 to 5 lbers, with a few in the 6lb range and a few in the 18 inch range. Between four of us we caught and released over a hundred.
Hitman

Post by Hitman »

What areas are holding fish right now? Taking a friend out this Thursday. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hitman
Hitman

Fish Hard Films
RichThiel

Post by RichThiel »

Let you know tomorrow night. Have a guide trip 11/05 and the 8th.

Wind was blow'in today, just had to go downunder for them.

Rich
Guide on the California Delta and Lake Berryessa for Largemouth, Smallmouth and Spots. Teach all known techniques with up to date artificial baits.

www.calbassguide.com ,

Best 5 over 7lbs for 09
1- 8lb 3oz
2- 10.73
3- 9.06
4-
5-
Hitman

Post by Hitman »

OK - Thanks Rich. I'' await a report from you...

Thanks again
Hitman

Fish Hard Films
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

It busted wide open this week Mike!!!! I got guide trips this morning and through the weekend, check yer PM and come join us!
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

I have heard the same thing, wide open, Rattle Traps, Spooks, and Swimbaits. Dean Sault and Russ Graves are reported to have a 100-120 count day with big stripper of 20lbs.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
WildDog3

Post by WildDog3 »

Whats the word on the bite the last couple days???
Hitman

Post by Hitman »

Went out yesterday from 9 til 2. First stop was the mouth of Big Break on the San Juaquin river side. Schoolies are all over the place...work the outside edges of any weedbeds you can see.
Move around into BB and fish the tulle points and openings when the tide is moving. Topwater and fishtraps were the ticket yesterday. Lost 2 giant fish yesterday that had me on the trolling motor trying to catch up to them.

Get out as the cooler weather and water has turned on the bite.
Hitman

Fish Hard Films
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

WildDog3 wrote:Whats the word on the bite the last couple days???
They blew into the middle River system with a vengeance this week Dog! If you pick a dead end slough or area where the shad migrate to at night, and git there 15 minutes before the sun starts to light the sky, you'll have hours of fun, not only catching fish on a variety of baits like topwater plugs, but Ripbaits, rattle traps, Paddle tailed swimmers and hair jigs! I've been venturing into the backs of different sloughs all week. And it's just amazing to see all this activity and havoc these stripers wreck on an area and the shad schools! My thumbs are raw and numb from only 3 hours of fishing each day this week fer the river stripers! It's crazy right now.
fishnfreak

Post by fishnfreak »

Cooch,
Planning a trip to the Delta for stripers the week after Thanksgiving, will the bite still be this good for that long??? Will be staying at Tower Park, any spots that are better than others.?? Bringing a friend has not been on the Delta before, should be a great time????
RichThiel

Post by RichThiel »

The stretch between Tower Park and BW MAYBE on still and also infront of BW.

Rich

www.calbassguide.com ,

Best 5 over 7lbs for 09
1- 8lb 3oz
2- 10.73
3- 9.06
4-
5-
fishnfreak

Post by fishnfreak »

so where do they start and where are they going? trying to get an understanding of the workings of this fish. Is this the spawn time? What are they doing? Thanks for the input.
Hitman

Post by Hitman »

Since you're staying at Tower Park I would start by spooning around the bridge pilings...the B&W bridge is also another good place to spoon. I like the Duh Spoons in Purple/White! Also the west end of the B&W bridge is relatively shallow so try topwater, crankbaits and swimbaits. Then between B&W and Tower I would fish the north banks. Coming from Tower towards B&W look to your right...you'll see a set of tall pilings about a mile or so down. start there and work your way towards B&W. Also work the ends of the islands down that stretch. Look for surface and bird activity...sure giveaways!

Good luck

Hitman
Hitman

Fish Hard Films