Anyone owns a Dodge Durango?

BassinRob!

Anyone owns a Dodge Durango?

Post by BassinRob! »

I'm looking into purchasing a 2000 or 2001 Dodge Durango in the near future. I was wondering if anyone has an opinion on these cars? It will be used as a vehicle for day to day driving as well as a tow car for a bass boat (as soon as I get one). Anyone has any pros or cons of buying one from your experience?

Thanks in advance for your input.

BassinRob!
Ken C.

Here's what I have read about them... *LINK*

Post by Ken C. »

I was looking into one of the same vintage a couple years ago. I "Googled" on Durango Owners Group and found a Durango Owners board/forum not unlike this one. From what I read on the numerous posts they apparently eat front brakes for breakfast and the mileage is pretty skimpy. As I recall everyone on there said you had to put on a Flowmaster exhaust in order to even get into the 14 MPG range.

Here is one that I just looked up. Don't know if this is the same one or not but check it out for yourself!

Durango Club Forums
Samurai TI

Re: my buddy had one...

Post by Samurai TI »

that was a 2000 and had nothing but problems. It was a terrific vehicle when it was running properly but in addition to the brakes he also had his suspension go out (with less than 50K miles). I bought a 2000 Tundra at the same time (both vehicles bought new) and currently have 127K miles with NO problems. My gas milage has actually improved a little and even when towing I can get around 15 mpg (my truck is a 4x4 TRD pkg). Did I mention he sold his Durango and bought a 2004 Tundra Double Cab?

Todd
Alton

Re: Anyone owns a Dodge Durango?

Post by Alton »

I had one and just traded it in. I never had a problem with it. Tows well and motor was plenty strong enough. I liked it very well.

Looked into getting another one but John up at North Lake cut me a deal you couldn't refuse.

Alton
BShafer

Post by BShafer »

I have a 2003 that I bought for the wife 8/03, V8 2 wheel drive lots of power and they're very heavy vehicels gross weight over 6000lbs. The only problem we've had was with a front ball joint, which was fixed under warrinty. No brake issues and as for MPG 14-16 highway.

I've got a 20' boat and it would pull it just fine with no doubt. It's already set up with the tow package.

Now I am a Dodge man but I don't know if I'd buy another Durango, because I'd like something bigger.

BShafer

> I'm looking into purchasing a 2000 or 2001
> Dodge Durango in the near future. I was
> wondering if anyone has an opinion on these
> cars? It will be used as a vehicle for day
> to day driving as well as a tow car for a
> bass boat (as soon as I get one). Anyone has
> any pros or cons of buying one from your
> experience?

> Thanks in advance for your input.

> BassinRob!
gabe sanchez

Post by gabe sanchez »

Rob,
I had a 2001 4x4 durango SLT with magnum v8. It was a gas hog but it towed my 20'4 foot basscat no problem, did't even feel it was there. I put alot of mileage on it driving to work from Sac- bay area and back, but never had problems, accept 3 months ago before i sold it, the oil gasket was weakinging and I had a decent leakage problem. Luckily I had extended warranty and they took care of me. Mileage sucked, i think i got 14 MPG on streets and highway it was like 16, althought the sticker when I bought said different, yeah right.. The flowmaster did help a bit and I would reccomend it for towing. Other then that I loved it. The newer model has a weird square design and I almost bought it but my brother is Internet fleet sales manager at John L Sullivan chevy in Roseville and I got a 2005 Tahoe fully loaded and a 2005 trailblazer for my fiancee at cost..or shall I say family discount..If you or anyone else decides to buy a chevy SUV or truck, email me and I will get you to my brother and I will have him hook my bass brothers up..

Gabe
Mike A

Too late gabe!

Post by Mike A »

I just bought a 05 Yukon 4X4 for my wife. Whats your cost on that? I bet I got you beat!

Mike
Paul D.

Post by Paul D. »

I own a 2001 Dodge Durango SLT. I used it the other day to tow my dads 20 ft. Boston Whaler to half moon bay and it ran like a champ. Its also a cool car cause you can park it anywhere. Theres a lot more parking spots for the Durango compared to my old Ford Dually