Apex Pro Series Wild Wild West

M Pollard

Apex Pro Series Wild Wild West

Post by M Pollard »

Just curious, has anybody seen the payouts for the Apex Pros? or were you can fined it? I look on
Wild Wild West under Apex and they post winners but not payouts. Must be good for Lintner to miss a
day of practice to stay and fish day 3.....
john zillig

Re: Apex Pro Series Wild Wild West

Post by john zillig »

I was about to ask the same question. Seems the web site needs some work. How much are entry fees? what's the payout? Simple stuff.
M Pollard

Post by M Pollard »

The Apex is a qualifying tournament thru Wild Wild West Pro Am. They may not have a entry fee for the pros.
I know the Apex tour was trying to show and promote the pros sponsors with weigh in interviews and Camera
boats..etc. But if someone qualified in top 10 on the WWW Pro AM what can they expect for winning one, or
what is the pay outs for the pros?
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

APEX has no ams. They are not pro/am events. They are pro only. They are not opens and are an exclusive group that can compete by invite only. Their website has a full list of the 2021 competitors. http://apexprotour.com/#

This was the info from the event in April.
Wild West Bass Trail has waited a long time to make history and April 8th it begins.

The 2021 APEX Tour will begin and be held in a small rural town, The City Of Arlington!
This the first APEX Cup Pro Tour event ever held.

It is the first tour event held in the region where there are NO ENTRY FEE’s for the field.

RomanMade Japan has enhanced the payout with an additional $5,000.00 for the champion.

#APEXProTour
#WhereChampionsHunt #WWBT #NoEntryFees
Link to that thread: first-tour-event-held-the-region-where- ... 32471.html

Anglers paritcipate by invite only. The qualification requirements to get an invite were posted here by APEX angler Ken Mah in previous convo. Link to that thread:
post647156.html?hilit=apex#p647115

He wrote
by kmah » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:22 am

APEX is designed to be the highest level of bass fishing in our region. All of the television, media, angler exposure, and corporate partnerships will be highlighted.

In 2021 the field was comprised of corporate partnership exemptions, prior pro cup participants, former AOY’s, and the top 22 anglers from the 2020 WWBT AOY List.

Anyone can qualify for 2022 via the 2021 WWBT Pro/Am season which starts in 6 days. You have to be top 10 in AOY points on the pro side to guarantee your invitation. They anticipate expanding the field for the next 2-3 years potentially capping the APEX field around 50-65 Ish anglers. At some point they will release underperforming anglers out of the field to make room for future qualifiers.

Wrapped boats, jerseys, and contracts are all required. Once qualified you currently get 2 seasons to sustain yourself.

They plan on going to “non-mainstream” lake locations in 2020. The format will be a hybrid format using traditional and non-traditional elements.
As for payout info APEX states
This first year is a year of building and development. The APEX community is dedicated to the concept and ideas. It is more than just about a payout. It is an marketing opportunity and platform for the anglers to present themselves at the highest professional level in the West.
M Pollard

Post by M Pollard »

Thanks for the info...
gixxer464

Post by gixxer464 »

So. Is there a payout? Or is this circuit strictly for exposure for the anglers and the sponsors? I really wish they wouldn't be so vague with some information. Also, what sort of contract must the anglers sign and adhere to?
M Pollard

Post by M Pollard »

That's what I want to know as well? Do the pros pay for a entry fee? Payouts? etc. If guys are traveling from
Arizona, or Lintner missed a day of practice back east, it must be good, lets see it? Give Pro"s something to
strive for to make the top 10
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

Its the "Magical Mystery Tour" lol.
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
M Pollard

Post by M Pollard »

Rick- it really is the Mystery tour. When it first came out and there was talk of it, Pros like Double G,
Lintner, and the others could not talk about the tour on Ultimate Bass, or other pod cast shows. it was a
secret. Now there is no standings with money won, no pros that fish the Apex are talking about it...
if it is suppose to be a tour for pros in the west that qualify to fish it, lets see why they should be excited
to make it to the Apex tour thru Wild Wild West....
gixxer464

Post by gixxer464 »

M Pollard wrote:Rick- it really is the Mystery tour. When it first came out and there was talk of it, Pros like Double G,
Lintner, and the others could not talk about the tour on Ultimate Bass, or other pod cast shows. it was a
secret. Now there is no standings with money won, no pros that fish the Apex are talking about it...
if it is suppose to be a tour for pros in the west that qualify to fish it, lets see why they should be excited
Agreed. The Apex tour is shrouded in mystery. How the heck are we supposed to get excited about it when we don't even know what's going on.
Popper

Post by Popper »

gixxer464 wrote:
M Pollard wrote:Rick- it really is the Mystery tour. When it first came out and there was talk of it, Pros like Double G,
Agreed. The Apex tour is shrouded in mystery. How the heck are we supposed to get excited about it when we don't even know what's going on.
-Nothing to get excited about if you're not fishing it.
As with MLF, the format designed to expose Sponsors, Products and Anglers that qualify to participate.
-Which is good for business and those seeking the spot light/chasing the dream.
One of the requirements on WWBT states boats must be wrapped in these tournaments. So if you achieve top ten status in the Pro/Am events, your boat must be wrapped to participate.

It's good to see a circuit moving Bass fishing in this direction on the West Coast. And it'll be entertaining to watch as the format develops in the next year.
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

I am not sure how your supposed to be excited about the future POSSIBILITY of qualifying for this trail when you cant even know what your getting into financially. JMO transparency is a big factor in Derby Trail selection for most anglers. There is non disclosure in the BPT about lake locations and who won ect until the TV is released, but there is no question on what the entry fees are and how much they win. Rick G
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
gixxer464

Post by gixxer464 »

Popper wrote:
gixxer464 wrote:
As with MLF, the format designed to expose Sponsors, Products and Anglers that qualify to participate.
One of the requirements on WWBT states boats must be wrapped in these tournaments. So if you achieve top ten status in the Pro/Am events, your boat must be wrapped to participate.

It's good to see a circuit moving Bass fishing in this direction on the West Coast. And it'll be entertaining to watch as the format develops in the next year.

Your statement of "Nothing to get excited about if you're not fishing it" makes no sense to me. So your telling me that the hype, promotion, advertising, sponsors, filming etc. is only for the anglers that are fishing the tour and nobody else. I'm sorry to tell you that the sponsors don't rely on the anglers. Its the other way around. The more information that comes out about this tour, the more it sounds like a full time job for the anglers. I hope they are being compensated. Also not sure about your statement of "spot light/chasing the dream." a lot of the Apex anglers are either already living the dream or have lived the dream.
john zillig

Post by john zillig »

I'm surprised that after all these comments that Wild West has not responded. What harm can there be to the organization to state how much was paid to the top 10 guys?
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

@John Zillig

WB contacted APEX and they DID respond and we posted their response on July 12. Here it is again.

As for payout info APEX states
This first year is a year of building and development. The APEX community is dedicated to the concept and ideas. It is more than just about a payout. It is an marketing opportunity and platform for the anglers to present themselves at the highest professional level in the West.
Popper

Post by Popper »

gixxer464 wrote:
Popper wrote:
gixxer464 wrote:

Your statement of "Nothing to get excited about if you're not fishing it" makes no sense to me. So your telling me that the hype, promotion, advertising, sponsors, filming etc. is only for the anglers that are fishing the tour and nobody else. I'm sorry to tell you that the sponsors don't rely on the anglers. Its the other way around. The more information that comes out about this tour, the more it sounds like a full time job for the anglers. I hope they are being compensated. Also not sure about your statement of "spot light/chasing the dream." a lot of the Apex anglers are either already living the dream or have lived the dream.
As noted above:
"Nothing to get excited about if you're not fishing it"
"As with MLF, the format designed to expose Sponsors, Products and Anglers that qualify to participate.
-And that is acceptable as it's a business as with any sport venue.

"Sponsors don't rely on anglers"???
:lol:
Anglers purchase their products so you bet sponsors/companies depend on the consumers they're targeting in a specific industry. And spend thousands on advertisements and sponsorships to expose their products.

Living/chasing the dream:
That all depends on what you define as a dream in fishing.
>Obtaining financial wealth through fishing to make a good living?
>Popularity/spot light?
>Competing on the highest level?
>Or the opportunity to investing time into a sport and industry that is a passion without taxing financial obligations
at home.

The answer will vary on what a sportsman defines as living a dream, and my best wishes to those to achieve those goals.
As noted above, its good to see a circuit on the West Coast move in this direction.
Mike

Post by Mike »

If you have questions.......
Tune into Facebook live at 6:30 tonight on the Wild West Bass Trail page and ask them.
OG on WB since 1993
JL

Post by JL »

:D
Double-G

Post by Double-G »

Hey All, looks like there's more questions regarding the new Apex Pro Tour, and I'm sure there will be more coming out as we move forward.

First of all, I don't own this company but I'll do my best to give you my personal interpretation as to what Apex is about....We started this project with an invite to a special meeting where we were all placed under an NDA, the invites were sent out to past WWBT/Cup winners, AOY winners and points positions from the past seasons, in addition there were sponsor exemptions that were brought in also.

The plan presented to us was to build a tour that would help to promote and market bass fishing in the West. The ultimate goal was to use this platform to try and build the enthusiasm of current and future anglers to have a professional tour available in the West so western anglers wouldn't have to go back East to find a tour to compete on. Additionally the plans were to increase support for bass fishing, therefore increasing participation and sales for our western tackle shops and boat dealerships.

All of the anglers are quarried and have significant input into details such as payout (which started this conversation) format, numbers of fish, and more. Which brings us to payouts, You're correct there are no $ numbers listed publicly that I have seen, sure it would be nice but for me posting that info isn't a concern...but like I said earlier "I don't own this company".

I can tell you this, There are twists and turns to the format, I love the fact there is a 30 day off-limits and they will check to see if there has been any violation of rules! We as anglers have to be prepared to fish all day, we have to be able to target large fish as well as numbers of fish, we have to have to be ready to take a camera onto the boat at any time and provide good content for a show.

All of this has made all of the anglers work together to not just build the Apex brand but our own as well, we help each other launch our boats, fix break downs, and share equipment and even techniques/bait. We have become more professional as a group.

Sure it's not mainstream, and plenty of people have said it's crazy and will never work but...That's what they said when BASS introduced the "Elite Tour". (I know...I was there!) There's no mystery here, but there's certainly something magical about what Jeremy and the rest are trying to accomplish.

Rip Lips,
Greg Gutierrez
Frenzy Baits
185vsfrog

Post by 185vsfrog »

What are the payouts? That was the original post on this thread. At least a couple of the people who chimed in here should know what the payouts are. Can you guys enlighten us?
M Pollard

Post by M Pollard »

Thanks for the response Greg, You gave some good info on what it is about.. I for one cant see why it is
so secretive.. But I'm not a owner of the circuit.. I would think Wild Wild West would responds....I'm
sure there are many who would like to see what its about, give them something to strive for in the
Wild Wild West Pro Am's to qualify for...I guess we will have to wait and see...