Asking for support For Deer Valley Fishing Club

Wiplash

Asking for support For Deer Valley Fishing Club

Post by Wiplash »

Hey guys looking for some help and support for High School Student Anglers. It took 6 years for Deer Valley to get a High School Fishing Team. The school was able to purchase a bass boat to support the tournament. Deer Valley went to FLW Nationals 3 years ago. They received a scholarship. You would think that the school district would want to back this and push this sport even more. This year there is some new personnel within the school and some new personnel in the Antioch School District. The boat was donated to Deer Valley Club. They have shut this down and had to get rid of the boat do to liability issues. No other reasons were made and basically the easiest way was to get rid of the boat and not recognize this to be a sport. So now the kids that are fishing will just have the Jersey Representing the school. I am prepared to take this to the school district. I have gotten a lot of Replies from local to Pro Anglers asking what they can do. I have gotten 10 Anglers so far to represent these students and show their support. This has been a battle with some of the Brentwood schools. We are trying to get this recognized as a sport and have it lettered for a Letterman Jacket. More info will be posted. Please let me know if you are willing to help and show your support.
Phil Lago
mark poulson

Re: Asking for support For Deer Valley Fishing Club

Post by mark poulson »

Good luck!
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY