BASS Makes Sweeping Changes for 2006

Tony Stoltz

BASS Makes Sweeping Changes for 2006

Post by Tony Stoltz »

Montgomery, Ala. – BASS, the worldwide authority on bass fishing, announced sweeping changes, including a new format for the 2006 CITGO Bassmaster Tour, a revolutionary tiered entry fee system that will change the way competitive fishing is staged and new criteria by which anglers will qualify for the 2006 CITGO Bassmaster Classic and next year’s three other BASS “majors.â€
Hippie/Mark

Re: Note: you can Qaulify for the Tour.........

Post by Hippie/Mark »

Via WON BASS, this is not clearly stated how you do it, but it is written in there!!! WOW

Hipster
Cooch

Yeah, some vague stuff in this.....

Post by Cooch »

what about this:

"The pros who make the cut to 75 will be given the option of fishing in the third round by having an additional $1,200 deducted from their tournament winnings, providing an opportunity to improve their point standings and move up the money list. Therefore, the anglers who are having the most success will also share a larger stake in the event, while those who aren’t successful will have a reduced investment."

Does this mean that if you make the third days cut in the top 75, which it might sound like they are paying down to 75th place, that form the money you might earn, they are gonna charge ALL 75 of the competitors another $1200 to continue fishing? At the end of an event, with the intial entry fee of $1800, add the $1700 to fish the third day and the entry has increased to $3500 for the top finishers.

Very confusing!

Cooch
James Huffmon

Re: Yeah, some vague stuff in this.....

Post by James Huffmon »

That's how I read it. Pay to make the cut....
Johnny C "THE SP

Thats 3,000 coochie and..

Post by Johnny C "THE SP »

they pay to place 125
Cooch

Yeah, there's plenty of Pros.....

Post by Cooch »

in this change, like increasing the fields to 200, inviting anglers from various circuits besides the Invites, more events, moving the Classic date and such, yet this one is puzzling though.

Cooch
Jim Conlow Sr.

I think they need a clearer explanation...

Post by Jim Conlow Sr. »

Too much of it is vague and not in the least concise. Im sure they will come up with a clearer description. I think they will have to. Someday if they get it right I want to spend a season trying to see how far I can go with BASS. There are a lot of us out here in the same boat. But we need to be able to understand exactly what the program is.

Jim

Jim
Cooch

The thing ta keep in mind Jim, is......

Post by Cooch »

NONE, of these changes apply or are directed at the Invitationals. They are all changes involving the Tour.

Cooch
Johnny

Re: And you all questioned....

Post by Johnny »

and to think so many questioned why WON made the changes they did, it was part of a bigger picture. They are about to take it to another level.

> Via WON BASS, this is not clearly stated how
> you do it, but it is written in there!!! WOW

> Hipster