Bass Pro Shops Team Open

Justin Locatis

Bass Pro Shops Team Open

Post by Justin Locatis »

Bass Pro Shops and JML Outdoors are pleased to announce the 1st annual Bass Pro Shops Team Open to be held on Lake Havasu May 5-6, 2012. This event is set to be one of the biggest team open tournaments in the west with big prizes and huge payouts. Basic entry will be just $400 per team. More details to follow soon.

For more information please contact Justin Locatis @ 602-791-0023 or email jmloutdoors@gmail.com
Hawg44Hustler

Re: Bass Pro Shops Team Open

Post by Hawg44Hustler »

Thats the same dates as the W.O.N. pro-am @ Roosevelt, sweet another conflicting date. Until tournament organizations stop scheduling on top of each other the west will never see the feilds and payouts they enjoy from Texas east.
kitjack

Post by kitjack »

This is ridiculous.The AC guy just has to drop his event on top on the WON BASS simply to mess it up. But in doing so your mostly messing with the anglers and you are ruining bass fishing.
There were only a couple dates you needed to avoid and instead you target those dates Shame on Justin and BPS.
Justin Locatis

Post by Justin Locatis »

First and foremost this event is in no way associated with Anglers Choice.

Second as everyone that runs tournaments knows it is extremely difficult to get a permit for Lake Havasu. Bass Pro Shops wanted Lake Havasu due to its central location to the Mesa, Las Vegas, and Rancho stores. I contacted Clint Goodwin back in October to ask him to swap dates with one of my events so that we could avoid this conflict. At that time I could not discuss the reasons why and he was unable to adjust his schedule. On November 30 I contacted Clint again and asked him to call Bill Egan. Bill was on his way to the Western Classic and called me back on Wednesday of this week. We wanted him to be aware of the event because it did conflict and there was no other date that we could get to hold the event.

This event has been in the works for months, but we were not going to publish a date without having the permits secured. Contrary to what many people will choose to twist this into, this is not an Anglers Choice vs. WONBASS deal or a Justin vs. WONBASS. I wish Bill and Wonbass a successful season.
Last edited by Justin Locatis on Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
jg

Post by jg »

nevermind
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

From an outsiders point of view, here is what is confusing to me. Why would Bass Pro Shops, who is the MAJOR sponsor of Won Bass, put a conflicting event on top of their guys event? Like they do with other long time standing events, [aka, Fred Hall show and LA Boat show where they schedule their biggest sales the same weekends] BPS either has no clue who has what going on, or they really dont care who they effect. But this does not suprise me at all. Rick G.
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
S. Bailey

Post by S. Bailey »

Its a great idea to have a Bass Pro Shops team tournament....
its a bad idea to conflict with the tournament the currently sponsor...
its a bad idea NOT to have the current sponsored tournament trail run the Bass Pro event ...
****BASS AKWARDS PRODUCTIONS **** Presents : The Big Bait Posse...Volume 1
The craziest Swimbait video in History. You have never seen so many giant swimbait fish jammed into one Action Packed DVD. Hope everybody enjoy's !!
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

S. Bailey wrote:Its a great idea to have a Bass Pro Shops team tournament....
its a bad idea to conflict with the tournament the currently sponsor...
its a bad idea NOT to have the current sponsored tournament trail run the Bass Pro event ...
+11111. Well said. Rick G.
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3

Post by 619 »

Bad idea to not fish the tournament with me Shaun Good idea to fish it with me. Lol