WB Staff

Berryessa Closure

Post by WB Staff »

Lake Berryessa News

Operational Status of Lake Berryessa Facilities as of Friday, 4/3/20:

Markley Cove - 707-966-2134, www.markleycove.com

Just in from Markley Cove management:

‎Kate Ballow Frazier‎ to Lake Berryessa, 23 mins ago, 8PM Friday

Markley Cove launch ramp will most likely be closed tomorrow Sat 4/4 at 5pm. We were told to expect formal notification tomorrow. I will post when I know more.

Pleasure Cove Marina - 707-966-9600, www.goberryessa.com

Pleasure Cove is open for business as usual. They are taking reservations for camping, the launch ramp is open, and the gas docks are open.

Steele Canyon Recreation Area - 707-966-9179, www.goberryessa.com/campground-at-steele-canyon

Steele Canyon is in full operation. They are open from 8 AM to 5 PM for boat launching. Camping is by reservation only because they are booking every other campsite in observance of social distancing.

Spanish Flat Recreation Area - 707-966-0200, www.spanishflatcamping.com

Spanish Flat is still open 24/7. You can launch your boat anytime. Courtesy envelopes are on the front of the building. If you want to camp at Spanish Flats, you must make a reservation by calling 707-966-0200. This location is booking every other campsite as well for social distancing.

Putah Canyon Recreation Area - 707-966-9051, www.royalelkparkmanagement.com

Putah Canyon RA has locked their gates. No camping, no boat launching at this time.

Bureau of Reclamation HQ is closed. All BOR facilities, Smittle Creek, Oak Shores, Capell Launch, are still open.

Stebbins Cold Canyon hiking area at Monticello Dam is closed.

Thanks to Lucie Hock of the Monticello Ski Club for most of this latest information
Wannafishmo

Re: Berryessa Closure

Post by Wannafishmo »

Title a little misleading. Plenty of ramps still available as of yesterday.
BigBassDaddy1190

Post by BigBassDaddy1190 »

Wannafishmo wrote:Title a little misleading. Plenty of ramps still available as of yesterday.
I would imagine At the rate it is being fished, the lake will be closed.
bgreen1347

Post by bgreen1347 »

Sounds like it's all closing shortly. Pleasure Cove just announced on Lake Berryessa News on Facebook and Steele last night.
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

This was posted by Norcal Guides & Sportsmans Association Friday nite on their Facebook:

Lake Berryessa is closing tomorrow we are told due to COVID-19 due to the amount of traffic on water and lack of social distancing. Markley Cove Marina & some campgrounds at the lake have advised people to be out of the areas by tomorrow afternoon. Another lake gone! We will post official sheet if BOR RELEASES IT TOMRROW

What’s next? Almost a full shut down across the entire north state!
Mark 1

Post by Mark 1 »

If the order is coming from the Napa County Health Director as stated by the Pleasure Cove management, it's only a matter of days before the entire lake will be down.
BigBassDaddy1190

Post by BigBassDaddy1190 »

According to the lake berryessa facebook, the lake will be closed after tomorrow.
JL

Post by JL »

But! If we are to LISTEN to a few on this site concerning lake/ramp closures, "Its Fake News" What say you guys on this lake? Who is the Know it All on this one?? :D
JMV

Post by JMV »

All concessions are suspended effective close of business April 4th, 2020. Lodging and camping will be curtailed to be effective April 6th, 2020. BOR adopted the updated Napa County Shelter in Place Order that was updated on April 2nd, 2020. Violation of the order is a misdemeanor punishable by a fine and/or imprisonment.
Just passing along the information that I received this morning. Stay safe and be vigilant.
JL

Post by JL »

Thank You JMV! Much appreciated to get the real deal! :D
Rob

Post by Rob »

Honestly it was crowded Friday, but most of the fishing boats had 1-3 people on them. I went with my son Friday never got within 200 yds of anyone. It’s not like we all show up and leave at the exact same time so the parking lot can be deceiving at well. But on the delta and Berry I saw multiple speed boats/wake boats with a boatload of people. Even one weds on the delta with 6 people who CLEARLY had little chance of being in the same family (I do reserve .1% chance there were mixed raced multiple adoption going on but unlikely). Those are the folks who are ruining it for everyone.
Bsapp206

Post by Bsapp206 »

Last day on berry today. Wet windy and the fish where biting! Well looks like it’s gonna be a good spawn. The bright side guys I guess is all these lakes with no pressure will be wide open when we get to back on them.