Biggest for me... But "small" for the Delta

Bill McGuigan

Biggest for me... But "small" for the Delta

Post by Bill McGuigan »

During day one of the WON Delta tournament I was fortunate enough to catch my personal best for a bass.

I was throwing a black and red persuader buzzbait (great bait, that worked well all weekend)in small cuts. I made a cast, turned the handle twice and she hit.

After a rather short fight (20-30 seconds) she was in the net. What a beautiful and healthy fish. My boater, Alex D., was nice enough to breah out his cul-em-rite, which had the fish at well over eight pounds.

When she went 8.63 on the scales I bested my previous best by 1 1/4 pounds (7.4 on a frog from a pond). What a great sport this is.

Thanks again Alex,

Bill
BassTraveler

That's a nice fish anytime... *NM*

Post by BassTraveler »

ksmith

Re: Biggest for me... But "small" for the Delta

Post by ksmith »

Bill, My personal best is an 8.83lb. from clear lake. Not "Big" by Clear Lake standards, but it is was in a club tournament and it sure was a beauty. Nice Fish!!!!!!
Mike Reidy

Re: Biggest for me... But "small" for the Delta *NM*

Post by Mike Reidy »

Eric Thoss

Re: Way to go Bill!!

Post by Eric Thoss »

Way to go Bill!! Good to see you made it back to the circuit. 8.63 will make anyone's heart pound and to do it in a tournament makes it that much sweeter. That’s a monster in my book.

Congratulations

Eric
sdesign

Post by sdesign »

I'll take a "small" fish like that anyday Bill. Great job!!! Congrats!
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

I'm with sdesign on this one..My own personal best is the same size, give or take an ounce or two..I'll take them any time they want to pull on my string..

mac