buying a new boat- need engine checked - any advice?

Brian

buying a new boat- need engine checked - any advice?

Post by Brian »

I am looking at buying a used boat with a 200 merc. optimax on it and I am needing some advice on a good merc. mechanic to check the engine over. I live in Oregon so I have no idea about the area in sacramento. I am not sure if the mechanic goes to the boat or if I should ask the boat owner to take it to a particular shop for inspection. The boat is in sacramento on El Camino rd. so if there are any good mech. close to there that would be willing to look an engine over let me know. Thanks for the advice.

Brian
Gator

Set up an appointment at C & C

Post by Gator »

They are located in Citrus Heights, about 15-20 minutes north of where the boat is located. Give Mike Van Wagner a call at 916-729-0590. They will give it a thorough and complete inspection for you.

Tight Lines!!

Gator
Rick K of Ca

Get engine checked

Post by Rick K of Ca »

Hi Brian
If you are in Sacramento with the boat, you can trust C & C. Mike will have it check and give you the bottom line on what they find.
Rick K of Ca
Ron

Re: Get engine checked

Post by Ron »

Also this is a computer controlled motor capable of giving you a print out history of how it was ran.
Curtis Rollins

Re: Get engine checked

Post by Curtis Rollins »

Most important part is the computer printout of the rpms the engine was ran at. How many times it was red lined, ect. Most definately money well spent. I just sold my 200 opti-max year 2000 and had recent printouts available from C@C. Mike will tell it like it is and is a straight shooter. Hours don't matter nearly as much as how the engine was ran and regularly serviced. This is all available via the chip in the engine.

> Also this is a computer controlled motor
> capable of giving you a print out history of
> how it was ran.
Claudio

Re: buying a new boat- need engine checked - any advice?

Post by Claudio »

C & C Citrus Heights
Phillip & Mike are great guys. I just recently started going to them. They came highly reccomended and so far I'm happy with them. What year is the opti ? I have an 03 225 and have had nothing but problems. My next one will be a Yamaha.

Good luck
Claudio

Re: buying a new boat- need engine checked - any advice?

Post by Claudio »

> C & C Citrus Heights
> Phillip & Mike are great guys. I just
> recently started going to them. They came
> highly reccomended and so far I'm happy with
> them. What year is the opti ? I have an 03
> 225 and have had nothing but problems. My
> next one will be a Yamaha.

> Good luck

I forgot to give you the phone # 916-729-0590