Calais Reels

Big Daddy TR21

Calais Reels

Post by Big Daddy TR21 »

Went to one of my favorite fishing stores today to bet a new Calais but they were out. They check with there distributor but they also are out with no due dates for new ones. So this got me wondering if maybe the Calais is going for a face lift in 2013 or is it going to be discontinued? Anyone with any in site on this yet?

Thanks.

John
Don't hate the Player, hate the game!!!
bantam1

Re: Calais Reels

Post by bantam1 »

This dealer has some in stock:

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Shimano_ ... -SHCA.html

You can check with Outdoor Pro Shop too:

http://www.outdoorproshop.com/Shimano-C ... calais.htm

There are no plans to change the Calais for 2013.
Big Daddy TR21

Post by Big Daddy TR21 »

Thanks Bantam,

I always try to buy from my local shop first to help support there business. I always figured sense they took the time to open a shop to help support my needs we all should do what we can to help them as well.
bantam1

Post by bantam1 »

I wish more customers were like you. Most try to find the best deal they can on the internet and do not support the local stores.
knoobieBassMan77

Post by knoobieBassMan77 »

Is the DC version worth the extra $250? Those that one both, what are you opinion?
bantam1

Post by bantam1 »

The DC does cast better and has more cranking power. In my opinion, yes it is worth the difference in price.
Big Daddy TR21

Post by Big Daddy TR21 »

One more question on the Calais. I now see just the DC series in the product line, so the question again is the Calais 100 & 200 being upgraded or removed from the lineup?

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Update on the Calais reels, the 100 & 200 are no longer. I went back to my favorite tackle shop today and the were speaking with the rep directly and he told them they are no longer available. He said they may do something after ICast but he was not sure.This is disappointing to me as this is the only reel I use and I was looking to buy new ones to replace 3 older ones. Now I have to scrounge around looking for them. no luck so far.
bantam1

Post by bantam1 »

The new Antares in Japan would cost the same or more than the current DC model. It did not do anything better than the DC so we decided to not bring it over.