Camanche Fishing Report June 4

StanL

Camanche Fishing Report June 4

Post by StanL »

0.jpg
Camanche Fishing Report 6-4-20

Today I got the chance to fish with my old buddy Ed Austin. Ed is the most knowledgeable person I know when it comes to Lake Camanche. He grew up at the town of Camanche before they flooded it and turn it in to a reservoir.

After 20 years of fishing with Ed on this lake, he still points out things to me that I am amazed by.

Okay let’s get to the fishing report. We fished from about 7:00 am-1:00 pm because it was HOT! Even though it was a shorter day, we still ended up catching 16 fish. Nothing big but a lot of fun!

The surface temperature was 75° and the clarity was around 7 feet.

When we got there, I caught two fish on a Spook and all the rest came on a 1/4 oz Frenzy Nail with a watermelon purple flake Trick Worm and a NED head with a big TRD in mud bug color. Thanks again to Jay at Hook’d in Ione for recommending that color to me. It has been a fish catcher for sure!

We caught mostly largemouth in the morning and spots later in the afternoon. They were all in 10’ to 20’feet of water on points and island tops.

I think if you get there early you can probably get on a good topwater bite. One more thing I need to mention is that I’m using 20# braid with a 8# Gamma Edge Fluoro leader. Not only is it the strongest fluorocarbon, I have ever used but I think it is essential to get more bites. Please try to support your local tackle shops. They need support more than ever right now. I hope this helps. Good luck fishing!!
Stan
Attachments
stanley fishing camanche.jpg
Big wave

Re: Camanche Fishing Report June 4

Post by Big wave »

That Way to go guys great job