Clear Lake Rv and Valet Launch

DeeGee68

Clear Lake Rv and Valet Launch

Post by DeeGee68 »

Hello,

The wife and I want to come out to Clear Lake and fish it for the first time but there are lots of moving pieces to this trip. I was wondering if anyone that has been there or lives there can help with suggestions. We live in the Bay Area so we are about 3 hours away. We have dogs so we want to bring the RV out and tow the boat. We have found RV parks, but cant seem to find any that will launch the boat for us. We were looking at Konocti but they dont have valet launching.

If anyone knows of an RV camp ground that also can launch the boat for us, or a Valet launch that is close to an RV park. Please let me know.

As always, thanks for the help!

DeeGee
CaliHitman

Re: Clear Lake Rv and Valet Launch

Post by CaliHitman »

I'm unaware of any RV park at the lake that will or does offer valet launch service. Konocti Resort, Indian Beach Resort, Clear Lake Vista Resort, Konocti Shores RV all have docks you can moor your boat at overnight.

Hope that helps.

HItman
DeeGee68

Post by DeeGee68 »

CaliHitman wrote:I'm unaware of any RV park at the lake that will or does offer valet launch service. Konocti Resort, Indian Beach Resort, Clear Lake Vista Resort, Konocti Shores RV all have docks you can moor your boat at overnight.

Hope that helps.

HItman
Thanks for the tips. I am thinking at this point I might get a spot at Konocti and rent a truck from Uhual for an hour on Weds to launch and an hour Sat night to pull out. 45 dollars but a lot cheaper then having the wife follow me from home in the truck.
Catmantwo

Post by Catmantwo »

Why not launch the boat using the RV?
If it is towable with your RV, then it should be launchable.
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

Catmantwo wrote:Why not launch the boat using the RV?
If it is towable with your RV, then it should be launchable.
Agree with Catman.
RedBud Park has a huge ramp and turn around area. Easily maneuver an RV+Boat
Huge parking lot also
Catmantwo

Post by Catmantwo »

If your RV is fully self contained, clearlake state park - kelsey creek - has ample space (no water/power) as well as very good launch ramp and plenty of docks to keep the boat in the water. Launch once when you get there and take the boat out when leaving.
Photos: https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/ ... tion=click
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

I second State Park. I launch my boat there with a 31' Class A. It's super easy. It's probably the best ramp on the lake.
They do charge $5 a day to berth your boat but its worth it.
I bring a portable generator to charge my batteries. They do have power in the parking lot that I believe costs $5 to use but you have to pull your boat out of the water to get to the outlets. You might be able to pull your boat into Kelsey Creek and run a 100' extension cord from the outlet to your boat. lol The Rangers would probably frown on this but you gotta do what you gotta do keep fishing.
Dave Brabec

Post by Dave Brabec »

50.00 and I will come launch you
Tony M

Post by Tony M »

The Sugar Barge RV Park on Bethel Island has a boat launching service. Nice park that has a launch ramp, resturant and store. They have tractors that will launch your boat.