Compre & Crucial question

FSHRFWL

Compre & Crucial question

Post by FSHRFWL »

What the main difference in these rods. Curious about both the standard casting and the crankbait casting. Also how much difference is there between the fast and extra fast actions?

Wayne
bantam1

Re: Compre & Crucial question

Post by bantam1 »

The graphite is a much higher modulous on the Crucial. This makes the rod lighter and more sensitive. They are both great rods that are covered by our lifetime warranty.

The extra fast action rod will have a stiffer tip and shuts off quicker when you set the hook.
FSHRFWL

Post by FSHRFWL »

Thanks alot. What would be best for picthing 1/4 texas rigs to cover, the fast or extra fast? Ive always had fast. Also what about the differences in the crank bait models. Arent they the samd TC4 graphite? If so where are the differences. Again Thanks for your help. Im ordering these rods so I cant actually put my hands on them.
bantam1

Post by bantam1 »

I would like the extra fast in heavier cover so you can move the fish quickly.

The TC4 is a blend of graphite and glass. It uses a double inner layer of T-Glass with an inner and outer spiral of high modulous graphite to be specific.

What does this mean? This allows the rod to be strong, light and have crisp actions. Crankbait rods typically have a slower action to absorb the shock when bit. Now we are able to obtain the action of glass but with the light weight of graphite.

I like the Crucial 72MH and 711M for most of my crankin'.
FSHRFWL

Post by FSHRFWL »

So the Extra fast would still be ok for smaller 3/16-1/4oz T-tigs even though its rated for 3/8-1.

Is there a big difference in overall quality between the compre and crucial? Also what color are the rods?

Thanks again for all your help.
bantam1

Post by bantam1 »

You need to find a rod that is rated for the lure size you plan to use. The CRCX70M should work for this. 3/16 with a worm and hook whould be around 1/4 ounce or more.

The Crucial uses IM-9 Graphite and the Compre uses IM-8 Graphite. The higher the number will mean lighter and more sensitive typically.

The Crucial rods are metallic green and the Compre rods are a brownish color.