Cooch

Kyle46N

Cooch

Post by Kyle46N »

This just popped up on his Facebook page. Heartbroken.
https://www.facebook.com/andycuccia/pos ... 1747169031
WB Staff

Cooch Rest in Peace

Post by WB Staff »

Reposted from Cooch's Fishing Page

To all the faithful followers, friends and family...It is with a heavier heart than you will ever know that I must let you know that Andy "Cooch" Cuccia has passed away. It was very sudden and very unexpected. I don't mean for this to seem impersonal but he had so many friends and acquaintances I did not know how else to reach you all. I write this as a way to let you all know, and more so as a way to help me wrap my head around this. Each of you had a part of his heart and you all shared his passion for the Delta and those big pigs! Keep those memories with you, always.
Keep a tight line.
Love, Jenny

He was always a big part of WesternBass, hosting the Pro-Teen, the first cover of the magazine. He will be greatly missed.

Coincidentally, WB had shown off Cooch and his nine pounder he caught this week, in today's Delta report. We hope everyone remembers him like this ... happy with the big one.

http://www.westernbass.com/article/comp ... october-14

Best wishes and prayers to the family.
clearlakeoutdoors

Re: Cooch

Post by clearlakeoutdoors »

Sad News
RIP Andy
You will be missed by the whole fishing community
Dave
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Reposted from Cooch's Fishing Page

To all the faithful followers, friends and family...It is with a heavier heart than you will ever know that I must let you know that Andy "Cooch" Cuccia has passed away. It was very sudden and very unexpected. I don't mean for this to seem impersonal but he had so many friends and acquaintances I did not know how else to reach you all. I write this as a way to let you all know, and more so as a way to help me wrap my head around this. Each of you had a part of his heart and you all shared his passion for the Delta and those big pigs! Keep those memories with you, always.
Keep a tight line.
Love, Jenny

He was always a big part of WesternBass, hosting the Pro-Teen, the first cover of the magazine. He will be greatly missed.

Coincidentally, WB had shown off Cooch and his nine pounder he caught this week, in today's Delta report. We hope everyone remembers him like this ... happy with the big one.

http://www.westernbass.com/article/comp ... october-14

Best wishes and prayers to the family.
Chad Sweitzer

Post by Chad Sweitzer »

The impact this man has made on our sport especially here in California is unmeasurable. We're gonna miss ya Cooch!
PB: Spot-9.625 (Shasta Record) LMB-13.27 SM-4.36
Jim Wilson

Post by Jim Wilson »

Had some really good times fishing with Cooch at the Nutcase Classics. He was real generous with his knowledge on fishing, especially the Delta. Learned a lot about the river from that man. He will be missed.

Jim Wilson
WRB

Re: Cooch Rest in Peace

Post by WRB »

This has been a very difficult year and now Cooch, my heart is heavy and prayers for his family.
Special man that gave everyone he ever came in contact with feeling they were his freinds.
R.I.P you deserve it and will be missed.
Tom
Skeeterman

Post by Skeeterman »

So so sorry to hear. I just thinking about him today when I was looking at my jigs getting them ready for my tournament tomorrow and finding the waddas . You are with our Lord now cooch. May God be with the family and friends.
Pat

Post by Pat »

Before Western Bass, Cooch was a Charter Member, if you will, of NCBF, Northern California Bass Fishing, that evolved into Westernbass.com. It was through NCBF that i got to know Andy. I will always be thankful for that. It's been a good run, wish it was longer. I already miss him.

Pat
OldMikey

Post by OldMikey »

You will be terribly missed. Thank you for the numerous lives you touched, including my own. Rest in peace, friend.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

WRB wrote:This has been a very difficult year and now Cooch, my heart is heavy and prayers for his family.
Special man that gave everyone he ever came in contact with feeling they were his freinds.
R.I.P you deserve it and will be missed.
Tom
Amen.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
DDG

Post by DDG »

The first tournament I had ever fished was the pro teen. I won a guided trip with Cooch and I never called him to redeem it as I was young and kind of shy. I will forever regret that and never forget that event. Rest Easy Cooc, best jig fisherman on the Delta.
201Pro

Post by 201Pro »

I am proud to call Andy "call me Cooch" Cuccia ... I've known Andy for a very long time and have tease him about the "Cooch's ruler" to calling him "Old Man River" to "Coochie-coo" ... I just chatted with him last night ... of course about JIG fishing and he shared his thoughts! That will be forever etched in my mind till the day we will meet again!! Until we meet again, Rest in Peace my friend!!
Chris
=========================
2004 Ranger 521VX, ETEC250HO
8" Atlas Hydro Plate, 25p Tempest+
Hotfoot/ProTrim/4-bank Dual Pro
2x Blade Series Power Poles
Minn Kota Fortrex 112
Lowrance HDS12 Carbon & Gen3
=========================