Death of Erick Ross

Patrick Z.

Death of Erick Ross

Post by Patrick Z. »

For all of you who knew him and some who didn't know him, Erick Ross passed away last Wednesday 03/23/05 at Lake Berryessa in a boating accident. Erick Fished the WON along with misc. FLW Pro Am events. Erick and his partner, Mark Smith were ranked high in the WON points standings at the time of Erick's passing. He also was a member of B.A.N.C. Erick was loved and well respected by all who knew him. The Funeral for Erick was held today in San Francisco at St. Marys Cathederal. Erick is survived by his Mother, three brothers, and 16 year old daughter. He was a fishing partner of mine along with a great friend, whom I will miss very much.
Gator

Re: Death of Erick Ross

Post by Gator »

So sorry to hear Patrick. Didn't know him personally but anytime a good man is lost it hurts us all.

Gator
Tony Stoltz

Post by Tony Stoltz »

My condolences to the family and his family of friends. Erick was a super nice guy and he will be missed by many.

sTony
Scott

Post by Scott »

I didnt know him but my prayers are with his family and friends....this is yet another hint for all of us to cherish our loved ones and friends as you never know when it will happen. Imagine going to the lake to enjoy a day on the water-probably not taking the time to give the kids a peck on the forehead before you leave not thinking this could be the day....thats tough-I feel for the guy but at least he passed doing what he apparently loved to do. Love your family and call a friend and tell them what they mean to ya cuz you never know and I for one dont wanna go out without my people knowing how much they meant to me.Tight Lines fella and be safe
Scott
> My condolences to the family and his family
> of friends. Erick was a super nice guy and
> he will be missed by many.

> sTony
S Thurmon

Post by S Thurmon »

Sorry to hear of your friends passing. We will add the Ross family to our prayers tonight.

Steve
Mike A

Post by Mike A »

What happend?? Wow, I'll sure miss Erick at the Won Bass teams. He has been fishing them for as long as I can remember. Spent many of days side by side with them in PG&E. He loved that place. It was just about a year ago him and Mark whipped everyones but with like 28 pounds for five! If I rememer he was a S.F. police?? Please send our condolence to his family.

Team Andrews & Delamater
Mike A

Was Mark ok??? *NM*

Post by Mike A »

Patrick Z.

Re: Was Mark ok???

Post by Patrick Z. »

Mark Smith is Ok.
Blue_R70

Post by Blue_R70 »

> What happend??

He was found at Berryessa. His shoes/wallet were on the dock so he may have waded in to retrieve his boat that had gotten loose. Hypothermia?

He was an acquaintance but was always a nice person. My condolences to his family and friends...
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

My condolences to Erik's family and friends..Another good man gone..We all share in this loss..

mac
Ron C

Although I did not know Erik...

Post by Ron C »

...this is a double loss for me. A fellow bass angler and a brother law enforcement officer.

My thought and prayers go out to the Ross family and friends, and to the San Francisco Police Department.

God Bless

Ron C
Dom

Post by Dom »

Sorry to hear about that. My family sends our condolances.

God Bless
The Boykin Family

> For all of you who knew him and some who
> didn't know him, Erick Ross passed away last
> Wednesday 03/23/05 at Lake Berryessa in a
> boating accident. Erick Fished the WON along
> with misc. FLW Pro Am events. Erick and his
> partner, Mark Smith were ranked high in the
> WON points standings at the time of Erick's
> passing. He also was a member of B.A.N.C.
> Erick was loved and well respected by all
> who knew him. The Funeral for Erick was held
> today in San Francisco at St. Marys
> Cathederal. Erick is survived by his Mother,
> three brothers, and 16 year old daughter. He
> was a fishing partner of mine along with a
> great friend, whom I will miss very much.
Cooch

A Terrible Loss

Post by Cooch »

Larry Cooper informed me Wedsnesday of Erick's accident, as we bumped into each other at Albertsons. This is a tragic loss and my condolances and prayers go out to Erick and his family.

This is just another horrific reminder guys, of the dangers of entering the water, whether intentional or by accident, at this time of year without a life vest. In Erick's case, it's assumed that as he reached the dock, tied his boat and went to go get his trailer, upon return, the boat had floated away from the dock. Assumption is, due to his shoes and wallet on the dock, he went in to retrieve his boat and drowned in the process.

Two things I might suggest to anglers here when fishing alone, use two line ties to berth your boat, and keep that vest on till your boat is out of the water.

Cooch
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Re: A Terrible Loss

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

You have a great point there Cooch..Hypothermia doesn't take long at all to incapacitate you..Please everyone, do be careful out there..We do not need to lose any more friends and fishermen..

mac