Email received this morning regarding Bassin' for Abused Kid

Ed K

Email received this morning regarding Bassin' for Abused Kid

Post by Ed K »

To the wonderful and loyal participants of Bassing For Abused Kids tournaments...

For the past 12 years, hundreds of people have participated in the annual Bassing for Abused Kids, Inc. tournaments. Your efforts have made it possible to contribute hundreds of thousands of dollars to aid victims of child abuse and mental retardation. The team behind Bassing for Abused Kids, Inc. has enjoyed meeting with, working with and associating with the wonderful people of the Bass Fishing world. Never has there been a more giving, caring group of people than those that have participated each year.

Unfortunately, this year has provided unique hurdles to the team of people behind Bassing for Abused Kids, Inc. As a result, we have had to make the difficult decision to cancel the 13th annual event originally scheduled for May 7th. Bassing for abused Kids, Inc. searched in vain for groups interested in taking over the charity and moving it into the future. Although several groups stepped forward, none were in the position to help. We will continue our search, but time has run out to pull this years event together and still be successful.

We truly appreciate the years of support you have provided, and hope that somewhere in the future we will be able to work together again to aid those children that need help. I know many of you will look for a way to help in lieu of this set-back. Royal Family Kids Camp is always in need of your support. They can be reached at...

Royal Family Kids’ Camps
3000 W. MacArthur, Ste. 412
Santa Ana, CA 92704
Phone: (714) 438-2494
Fax: (714) 438-0510
<A HREF="http://www.rfkc.org/" TARGET="_blank">http://www.rfkc.org/</A>

We will keep you all in our hearts and prayers. Thank you for your years of support...

Martin & Cindy Hinds
Virginia Dodge
Steven Baker
Ernie Unland
Joan Flynn
Beth & Wayne DuBoise
David & Diane Flynn
Ron C

Very sad news indeed.

Post by Ron C »

Now I must break this terrible news to my ten year old son, who has been waiting all year for this event. This sucks!

Ron C